AI/ML - Language Engineer (Mexican Spanish), Global Siri
Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Machine Learning and AI
Apple's Machine Learning and AI team transform every Apple product and because we fully integrate hardware and software, we can collaborate to deliver amazing experiences while protecting user data. Siri does more than ever. Even before you ask. Ask Siri to send a message on your iPhone, play your favorite TV show on your Apple TV, or start a workout on your Apple Watch. Whatever it is, Siri can do it for you — and on any of your Apple devices. All you have to do is ask. Join us and help bring this amazing experience to cultures around the world.
- Native speaker fluency & cultural knowledge of Mexican Spanish
- Object orientated software design and programming
- Proficiency in more than one programming language, such as Java, C++, Objective C, etc.
- Knowledge of Text Processing and NLP techniques
- Familiarity with machine learning methods for classification, regression, or ranking problems
The Global Siri team focuses on shipping products by engineering Natural Language Processing and Speech components specific to your language. We use the power of large amounts of data to tackle these sophisticated NLP and machine learning problems. As a Language Engineer you will need to be creative, take ownership of projects and have a knack for solving problems that stump most engineers. Siri is always learning to speak new languages and provide a locally customized experience. We achieve this by bringing together a diverse team of software engineers with an expert knowledge of languages and cultures. If you are fluent in Mexican Spanish, know the customs and have strong software engineering skills, this is an amazing opportunity to shape the Siri experience for millions of users. In this role you’ll develop creative solutions and collaborate with other teams at Apple from Speech Recognition Specialists, Data Scientists and Speech Synthesis engineers. As a Language Engineer you’ll provide insights and suggestions towards innovative new approaches and new product features tailored to your home market. To do this you’ll lead define language specific representations, conventions and techniques. Also key will be analyzing data and making data driven decisions to improve the localised user experience. If this is you, we'd love to hear from you!
Education & Experience
B.S/MSc in Computer Science or related fields, or equivalent experience.
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace