Director of Marketing Communications, Latin America
Coral Gables, Florida, United States
At Apple, we don’t just build products — we build products that revolutionize entire industries and change people’s lives in meaningful ways. And it’s the people that we hire who make it all possible. We are now looking for a Director of Marketing Communications to be based in Miami, Florida to lead our Latin American team. The Director of Marketing Communications will be a key member of Apple’s Marketing leadership team in Latin America. They will work with key internal partners in Sales, Retail and Services as well as the WW Marcom team headquartered in Cupertino, California. This role reports to Apple’s Head of Marketing for Latin America and Canada. This role also leads our emerging US Hispanic marketing communications ambitions, in partnership with local marketing. The Marcom organization at Apple is a global team responsible for all consumer facing communications. This includes Localization, Advertising, Interactive/Digital, Video & Motion Graphics, Retail and Channel. We are a creative-led organization made up of brand managers, strategists, creative directors, producers, editors, graphics design artists, developers, etc. who plan, localize, conceptualize and implement all the product and services communications that go out into the world. We create communications that help people better understand our products, and importantly, help people get the most out of them.
- WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- We are looking for an individual who is passionate about the work and is exceptional at getting things done.
- This person loves great ideas and has deep knowledge and respect for the creative process. Also has great strategic and creative instincts.
- An inquisitive strategic problem solver who can simplify the complex, craft a vision and translate that into an executable plan.
- An outstanding presenter and communicator who is capable of crafting a compelling narrative and influence others.
- An encouraging leader of people who is able to recruit, motivate, empower and develop elite talent. A great teammate who leads from the front and will be the champion for doing what’s right.
- An optimist who pursues excellence in everything they do and is motivated by new challenges, and brings others on the journey together.
- A great collaborator who can bring different groups and teams together and drive everyone toward a common goal by listening and building trust with individuals and teams.
- An individual who is driven to succeed, and can approach it in a way that prioritizes our values and our people.
- An innovator who can take things apart and put them back together in more effective ways and can dive deep into the details.
- A voracious learner who is curious about the business and how our products impact people’s lives.
- Energetic, positive and patient and able to work within an environment of secrecy and confidentiality.
- A doer who is hands on and not afraid of the details.
- A senior leader with 15 – 20 years of experience working in world-class marketing organizations and agencies.
- Experience leading large, marketing communications and creative teams.
- Deep experience in Digital and Social Media is a must with channel experience a plus.
- Agency experience is a requirement.
- Native fluency in Spanish required.
- Fluency in Portuguese a plus.
Lead an extraordinary team who are responsible for the planning and execution of Apple’s Latin America marketing communications across all customer-facing touch points, including advertising, digital / interactive, channel and retail. Work with Product Marketing, Services, Corporate Communications, Sales and WW Marcom, to drive the Marcom strategy for Latin America, understand deeply the core business and product challenges and opportunities and then translate those into concrete Marcom plans. Represent Marcom within the broader Marketing leadership team, providing strategic and creative mentorship in support of the business while protecting and building Apple’s brand. Provide WW leadership in Cupertino with ongoing business, product, consumers and competitor insights to help inform worldwide strategies and work. Be a key voice in WW Marcom leadership meetings, providing a strong point-of-view to help shape our global strategies and thinking. Including leading our US Hispanic Marcom Communications ambition and execution. Responsible for the flawless execution of all our product launches throughout the year, making sure the work resonates locally and that we are delivering the best product launches possible. Identify and drive any local initiatives that address local challenges or opportunities. Drive the identification, sell-in, conceptualizing, and execution. Continue to build a strong team, operations and creative culture that consistently produces the world’s best marketing communications. Manage a large network of agency partners that supplement our in-house capabilities. Drive scale, speed and efficiency while ensuring a high bar of excellence. Work with Apple’s key sales channel partners to craft and deploy partner-led communications and secure an unfair share of their best marketing efforts. Lead our product presentation and customer experience at point of sale across all channels of distribution and ensure brand consistency and the very best customer experience. Lead our digital efforts, creating thoughtful, compelling solutions on our most important social and e-commerce platforms that are inline with our product and brand strategies.