Strategic Partnerships Manager Russia/CIS - Apple Pay
Moscow, Moscow Region, Russia
Software and Services
Pay is seeking an experienced leader to help grow Pay in Russia and CIS region through strategic partnerships. The position is focused on working with the largest banks and payment networks in the region, in order to drive adoption and usage of the various Pay services. Ideally you will be a hybrid business development professional with sharp commercial skills, capable of work cross-functionally with the relevant teams in Apple to take our strategic partnerships in Russia & CIS to the next partnership level. The individual will lead all aspects of the partner relationship including; account management, new product and feature introductions, commercial and contractual matters. You will have experience and subject matter expertise in core banking products, payment processing, mobile payments, mobile commerce, NFC ecosystem and applications and be adept leading complex partner relationships. A business/product knowledge of EMV and chip cards, contactless and NFC payments, fraud management as well as general payments from an Issuer’s perspective are required. Product and business appreciation of mobile NFC and/or e-commerce services as well as commercial business development knowledge of the economics of the local market payment landscape are required. This is a full time position within the EMEA Pay team, located in our Apple Moscow office. Travel across Russia, CIS region and to the EMEA HQ in London is required. The Pay EMEIA Team is essentially a start up within Apple. As a result team members will have to thrive in an ambiguous, fast paced environment where everyone “rolls up their sleeves” to deliver our objectives.
- You have deep expertise and experience in managing large, complex partnerships ideally spanning multiple markets.
- You have a proven track record of building strong partnerships centred around innovation and product development, ideally in the Financial Services sector.
- You can display a track record of quickly earning credibility based on your knowledge and ability to learn quickly.
- You are adept at communicating with developers, non-technical business partners and executive stakeholders.
- You have great problem solving, negotiating, influencing, conflict resolution and decision-making skills.
- You are exceptional at time management, documentation and organisational skills.
- You have an innate ability to negotiate business and technical terms across internal and external partners.
- You have exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships inside and outside of Apple.
- We are looking for you to have a strong ability to influence, sell concepts and actively drive execution across many stakeholders.
- Self-starter who works effectively in a fast paced environment and is comfortable managing ambiguity.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyse opportunities from many angles (both quantitative and qualitative), and drive appropriate performance tracking and analysis.
- Expertise building business cases around market opportunities and partnerships - including strategy development, market segmentation, competitive analysis, and financial analysis.
- A deep understanding of product marketing, financial acumen, analytical rigour and a passion for emerging mobile and web products.
- Lastly we require an energetic and collaborative team player who feeds off goal setting and achievement.
We require you to help sell a vision of the partnership and consumer benefits to executives, successfully negotiate and close deals and lead the tactical execution to quickly grow Pay’s business in a sustainable way. You will need to engage at very senior levels and guide executives to optimise the use of Pay across their business. We require you to work closely with our strategic partners to help develop best practice Pay deployments and ensure that they are our primary development partners for new Pay features. Work with Apple product and engineering teams to influence product roadmap and provide feedback from partner landscape. Provide regular communications to senior management on partnership strategy and results. WE ARE LOOKING FOR: Extensive professional experience ideally in a relevant sector Strong experience of building business with strategic partners Experience of handling & selling complex propositions Successful track record in a dynamic, fast-growing environment Start up experience preferred Fluency in Russian and English a prerequisite.
Education & Experience
B.A./B.S./M.S. EE/CS or equivalent preferred.