Senior Editor, Apple Music – Russia
Moscow, Moscow Region, Russia
Software and Services
We started with 1000 songs in your pocket. Now it’s over 60 million. Music is part of Apple’s soul. Whether it’s classic jams or hot new tracks, shredding songs to bang your head to or tunes to move your hips to, music inspires us and drives us to do our best work every single day. Apple Music’s editorial team puts together the best playlists and recommendations in every genre in the industry. It’s about the music you love, but you just haven’t heard yet. Technology provides access, but we believe in human curation and that if you can't feel the music, you can't reliably recommend it. To strengthen our Apple Music editorial team, we are looking for an experienced senior editor with a background in music curation and management. Do you love music and sharing it with the world? Then we want to hear from you!
- Background (10+ years) in professional music curation and management.
- Experience leading a team of opinionated editors, encouraging them to do their best work.
- Experience in managing multi-media special projects with artists.
- Deep understanding of subscription based businesses.
- Understanding of local music media landscape, audience profiles and insight into trends.
- You live and breathe music and know the landscape and business like the back of your hand, even beyond your personal taste.
- Passion for and understanding of Apple brand and products.
- Comfortable delivering against tight and sometimes shifting deadlines.
- Extraordinary social and relationship-building interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with international peers collaboratively across timezones.
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously.
- An ability to analyse and communicate results clearly and effectively to leaders with proficiency in Excel/Numbers and Keynote.
- You are creative and resourceful and know how to think different.
In this role, you will: Help creators find audiences on Apple Podcasts through compelling on-platform editorial and strong relationships with creators. Lead a team of editors curating local storefronts, coordinating and executing on editorial and business related ideas and promotions. Work with various international teams to plan the scheduling of music releases. Be aware of topical cultural moments and local releases, crafting and executing on-store promotions and campaigns based on these. Maintain the Apple tone of voice and branding across Apple Music and iTunes. Follow a style guide, and work with content management systems.
Education & Experience
BA/BSc degree in a related field is a plus.
- Fluency in English and Russian is required. Additional languages are a plus.
- Please apply in English to ensure your application can be reviewed.