Creative Director, Art
Moscow, Moscow Region, Russia
Apple’s Marcom group is a team of creatives, producers, and planners that help develop and execute Apple’s marketing strategy. Marcom manages the package design, retail and channel environments, motion graphics, films, events materials, direct marketing, as well as http://Apple.com. The daily activities of the CD will be quite varied - anything from reviewing creative work to developing effective campaigns with the local teams. The Creative Director will need to be a strong Art Director and should partner well with the Geo Marcom Lead. They will need to be a flexible and fluid person - yet take on a good leadership position by understanding what is right for their Geo/country and solve strategic problems using local insight. The CD will need to develop a good relationship with the Cupertino senior creatives to understand the creative strategy and be a strong voice/educator for the team. Building trust, being an effective creative partner, and having the ability to see the big picture while keeping eyes on every detail - are key for this role. The right person will have the drive to take on these new challenges and be open to changes as we learn what is best for the Geo/country.
- Self managed and independent. High sense of responsibility and self guidance needed to be successful as the position is managed remotely. High level of professional judgement and autonomy.
- Enjoys working on a wide variety of creative work.
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to communicate effectively throughout the global organization. Ability to communicate a compelling idea and gain acceptance from a larger audience in the creative review process. Ability to escalate issues through a matrix’d working environment.
- Deep craft experience in their creative discipline and highly conceptual and strategic abilities to make ambitious and compelling campaigns.
- Ability to creative direct work, manage a freelance pool/vendor and ensure high quality creative work is delivered on time, on budget within given time constraints.
- Ability to work well as a brand client with a large agency and direct agency work to ensure it meets the brand standards of Apple.
- Partners well with other creatives and works as a leader in the organization. Ability to move individuals through ambiguous situations, creates a compelling creative vision to motivate and point the organization forward, is able to build relationships and partnerships within and out of the organization, makes clear and decisive decisions, motivates the teams when working under difficult situations, and mentors and guides all types of employees on the team.
- Ability to work well with all types of creatives, producers, production, and team members in a fast paced environment with changing direction.
- Creative direct a team of vendor and freelance creatives to achieve the extremely high quality design standards of Apple.
- Ability to manage large quantities of creative work, making smart fast decisions to ensure that deliverables are managed on time and within budget.
The Creative Director will work closely with Marcom on: Origination/Leadership Has a deep knowledge of both Apple, its products, and their country/Geo business in order to create and identify new work that matches business problems in their specific market. Work as a partner with the country/Geo Marcom Leader to discover, assess, and create compelling conceptual creative ideas to address unique market needs in their given location. Works to continually understand what is culturally relevant in their location: what’s new, what is connecting with local audiences, what’s up and coming, and use these ideas to create ambitious Apple work that is relevant to their culture. Identifies and manages work from creative talent, freelancers, vendors, and partners in Geo that can create high quality, new, and interesting work for the country/Geo. Creative direct work from this body of talent that represents Apple. This includes giving creative feedback to our agency partner MAL on specific country/geo campaigns to ensure they match the Apple tone and brand standards. Work as a member of the country/geo leadership team, acting as a creative voice and the heart of inspiration for the team to champion the creative process. Along with the country or Geo head, review work with Apple’s senior creative staff. Lead the creative process for the geo, have the ability to articulate the Geo/county creative work in the creative process to high level executives in the Marcom team. Provide creative support to the regional Marcom team and be the go-to person when creative challenges need to be resolved. Localization Work: Where appropriate, dive into the creation of work, roll up their sleeves and work to create or localize Apple work. Ensure that all creative from the US teams is adapted for their country/Geo. This is incredibly important work and will represent the bulk of the position in market.
Education & Experience
- Ability to travel to the US & Europe. Up to 4 weeks per quarter.
- Please apply in English.