SoC Physical Design Engineer
Haifa, Haifa District, Israel
As a member of our Physical Design group, you will take an integral part in bringing large scale SoCs to life, helping us deliver the next generation of Apple's ground-breaking products. You will own the physical design cycle at the partition/IP/Chip levels, including netlist to GDS implementation and verification. Are you ready to join some of the world's leading engineers and work with state of the art design flows and process technology? If you possess the knowledge and experience in any of the physical design domains and practices with track record of tape-outs in sub-micron technology, come join our group!
- 5+ years of experience in physical design of large scale SoCs.
- Extensive experience with one of the place & route tools (Synopsys / Cadence).
- Familiar with hierarchical design approach, top-down design, timing and physical convergence.
- In-depth understanding of static-timing analysis, experience with STA sign-off tools.
- Extensive know-how in clock/power distribution and analysis, RC extraction and PnR/signoff correlation.
- Experience with SoC design practices such as multiple voltage and clock domains, integration of mixed-signal IPs and I/O integration.
- Scripting and Programming experience using either TCL or Python or Perl or known Shell scripting languages.
- Knowledge in Verilog – advantage.
As a member of our Physical Design team in this highly visible role, you will directly own implementation and verification of design partition(s) / IPs (netlist to delivery of our final GDS) for a highly complex SoC utilizing state of the art process technology. * Implementation - Block level PnR, floor-planning, clock, power planning and distribution. * Verification and Analysis - Static Timing closure using commercial tools, Physical Verification as well as Electrical/Power Analysis (EM / IR-Drop / Xtalk / noise )
Education & Experience
B.Sc / M.Sc Electric Engineering / Computer Engineering