Senior SoC Silicon Debug Engineer
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple products. The same real passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. HDC Sival Debug Team is looking for a strong engineer to join us! The team’s job is to debug silicon failures of Apple Mac SoCs during the silicon validation phase. As a senior member of the Apple SOC Silicon Debug Team, you will demonstrate your knowledge of SOC/IP design, debug features and related tools, validation, and problem-solving to drive failures to resolution. You will be debugging failures that come from validation, factory screening, and even customers, which appear to be silicon issues or that require silicon expertise in order to root cause. You will work at the cross-section of hardware and software, and partner with a variety of engineers in order to quickly root cause failures. You will also drive systematic improvements in debug methods, tools and features, based on your insights and expertise.
- Strong understanding of CPU/SoC architecture and design concepts.
- Experience in SoC/CPU design, validation or debug, either in pre- or post-silicon environment
- Moderate UNIX command line and scripting skills (e.g., TCL, Python)
- Excellent team work and communication skills
- Experience in silicon bring-up, validation and debug - Advantage
- Experience in leading complex debugs - Advantage
- Familiarity with post-silicon debug tools (scan dump, traces, triggers) - Advantage
- Understanding of a full system architecture and protocols (boards, chips, interfaces, SW stack etc.) - Advantage
- Experience in using lab measurement and analytical equipment - Advantage
- Familiarity with system software concepts - Advantage
- Kernel and device driver programming – Advantge
In this role, your goal is to lead debugs and drive them to root cause. You will also enhance and maintain the debug/triage methodology. You will have opportunities to work with authorities from many teams to understand SoC components and system behavior: iOS kernel/driver, Silicon Validation IP test SW, Factory diagnostics, SoC architecture, SoC IP design and verification, FPGA Prototyping, Systems Integration, board designers, etc.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree or Master Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience