Country Manager, Northern Europe
Stockholm, Stockholm, Sweden
Software and Services
Apple revolutionized personal technology with the introduction of the Macintosh in 1984. Today, Apple leads the world in innovation with iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple Watch and Apple TV. Apple’s software platforms provide seamless experiences across all Apple devices and empower people with breakthrough services including the App Store, Apple Music, iTunes, Apple TV, Apple Books, Apple Pay and iCloud. Apple’s employees are dedicated to making the best products on earth, and to leaving the world better than we found it.
- This position requires a self-directed, driven, highly adaptable individual with excellent communication and organizational skills. You will also be able to work under pressure and provide exemplary leadership to the team in our Northern European markets.
- Excellent management skills: Setting goals, driving performance and developing a team.
- Extraordinary analytical skills: A natural aptitude for translating data into insights and draw business conclusions.
- Experience defining strategies for digital content businesses at different stages of development driving long-term growth.
- Consistent track record working on complex, often global, large-scale, and time-critical projects.
- Natural networker with the ability to build strong ties to existing and new C-Level partners across multiple and very different businesses.
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail with the ability to see the bigger picture.
- Passionate about offering the best customer experience.
- Finally, you will live and breathe digital technology and possess a “get it done” attitude.
Apple is seeking a Country Manager to support Apple in managing, and growing the App Store, Apple Music, Apple TV & Apple Books businesses in Northern Europe. You will have a deep understanding of what it means to be the custodian of a brand, reflect real passion for being a market leader and be energised by delivering a superb experience to our customers. This role requires a high degree of executive credibility, as you will help to shape major decisions within an extremely fast paced business. You will also be responsible for managing internal stakeholders as well as Apple partners and carry them towards a compelling vision. The ideal candidate will be able to break down the vision into a concrete strategy, taking local nuances into consideration, with clear objectives for each of the team members. Tracking and communicating progress, course correcting actions or mentoring team members when appropriate are other key requirements. This role requires a mix of strategic and functional skills, as well as people management, with a high commitment to delivery and deadlines. The individual in this role should be a professional with strong interpersonal skills. You will be a seasoned senior manager with a proven leadership record and demonstrable the ability to influence across different stakeholders. They will also have a strong understanding of, and empathy with, the Apple brand and products. This individual will need to have been exposed to multiple digital businesses and be comfortable building and executing tailor made strategies across each of these teams. The ideal candidate will be International in calibre and possess both understanding and passion for local nuances and Scandinavian cultures.
Education & Experience
University degree preferable. MBA or Post-Graduate is a plus. Deep understanding and relevant Senior Management experience in the digital content space. Have a connection to the arts, tech, & media landscape in the Nordic and Benelux markets; and experience working closely with artists and developers. A proven successful team and project management track record within a global, multi layered organization combined with experience of bringing new products to market.
- Fluent Swedish and English is required.
- This position is based in Stockholm.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.