App Store Business Manager, Northern Europe
Stockholm, Stockholm, Sweden
Software and Services
The App Store is the world's largest and most innovative software store, serving hundreds of millions of iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Apple Watch, iMessage and Mac customers. The team is seeking a dynamic, passionate individual to join us to lead App Store business relationships with developers based in Northern Europe. You will have a passion for technology, and experience in handling relationships. This position is based in Stockholm.
- You have a deep passion for apps, mobile technology, and subscriptions.
- You know how subscription economics work and can ably & clearly demonstrate that to a third party in complete detail.
- You have an extensive network in the local tech industry and community
- You have respected knowledge of the mobile app & content landscape both locally and internationally.
- You have a natural aptitude for translating data into insights, with the ability to influence new strategies based on these insights.
- Extensive experience across a meaningful function, including: business development, partnership management, product management, management consulting, or business analysis.
- Strong leadership and superb communication skills.
- You will be results oriented, and have a self-starter attitude with a strong ambition to learn and be successful.
- Experience working both independently and in a team environment.
- You should have a track record of developing phenomenal presentations and delivering them to both large and small groups, including to senior leaders.
- Outstanding organisational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects at a time.
- Great attention to detail and project management skills, with fluency in Excel/Numbers and Keynote.
Lead day-to-day business relationships with key subscription developers, offering expertise to help them make better decisions in every aspect of their subscription funnel, so that they are fully set up for success on the App Store. Ability to use metrics and best practices to look at third-party businesses and be able to provide well-informed guidance and insight as a result. Digital content expert: work closely with developers, digital content businesses, as well as multiple cross-functional groups within Apple to help subscription developers be successful on the App Store. Identify new market trends, business opportunities as well as key relationships to be developed. Helping Apple customers to have a great in-app experience.
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree is preferred
- International travel will be required.
- Fluency in English is required. Additional languages are a plus.
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We are proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount - both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products. Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.