Product Design Integration Engineer
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
The people here at Apple don't just build products - they build the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The Product Design Integration group is part of the NPI Battery Pack PD group. This group is responsible for battery module development from initial system architecture through product ramp and is tightly integrated with Product Development, Operations, Industrial Design and Reliability Testing. The Product Design Integration group works cross-functionally with System Engineering, Battery PD, Reliability and Operations teams, to generate and execute test buck designs and installation equipment to install battery modules into test bucks for reliability testing. The in-region Product Design Integration Engineer will be responsible for developing cell and battery pack installation equipment with third party vendors in China, based on MP fabrication requirement. Additionally, He / She will be responsible for reviewing SOP and MSOP as well as well as validation and this equipment at the fabrication vendor, (FAT), and end user vendor, (MBO) as well as on-site support for test buck builds at cell and pack vendors.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in product assembly, process development and measurement inspection systems. Familiarity with automation and Lithium-based battery technologies is highly desired.
- Strong FA/CA experience.
- Experience in product fixture and equipment design.
- Knowledge of GD&T
- Strong understanding of process development and qualification.
- Knowledge of equipment design for assembly fabrication.
- Knowledge of inspection methodology and equipment.
- Knowledge of adhesive and die cutting development and validation preferred.
- Ability to drive programs to completion.
- Ability to develop high performing cross-function team relationships.
- Ability to identify and communicate clear project goals and project plans.
- Strong written and verbal skills in both Chinese and English.
- Ability to independently manage multiple programs concurrently.
The Product Design Integration Engineer (PDI) will be responsible for the design and fabrication of test buck installation equipment to fabricate test buck assemblies that simulate production systems for reliability testing and will be located on the east coast of Southern China. These responsibilities include the following: • Work with third party vendors to develop battery pack to test buck installation equipment based on FATP installation processes and parameters. Including creating equipment SOWs, MSOP and equipment DFMs. • On-site validation of equipment functionality, (FAT) & (SAT). • Approval of operational SOP, equipment HMI content and layout, PM schedule, equipment BOM and instruction manual. • Update and maintain installation equipment design to reflect system or installation changes. • Develop equipment validation reports based on MP installation requirements. • Work cross-functionally with Cupertino PDI and battery PD to defining pack gaps at installation. • On-site audit of cell and pack installation equipment. • Audit of assembly SOP, MSOP and visual standards used to for equipment operation and cell and pack placement. • On-site failure analysis of test buck installation equipment and the development of a corrective action plan. • Work cross-functionally with GSM and EPM to drive and manage buck procurement, inspection, and approval. • Work with Tekscan pressure measurement system to validate pack PSA installation pressures. • Assist Pack PD with FA/CA of pack fabrication issues at pack house. • Assist with the development of air transportation packaging for Cupertino cycle testing. • Communicate program status to cross-functional team and management.
Education & Experience
• BS degree in Mechanical or Industrial engineering required
- - Domestic travel up to 50%