PHY System Engineer
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Every single day, people do amazing things at Apple. Do you want to impact billions of users by developing an extraordinary product with a prime focus on accuracy, understandability and performance of the product? Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The PHY system engineers are responsible for pre/post-silicon system design activities to achieve full operation and optimisations of all PHY aspects of a highly integrated complex wireless communication device.
- 5+ years of experience in communication / signal processing
- Deep understanding of RX and TX MODEM and RF chains
- Deep understanding of Wireless communication systems
- System level understanding - ability to comprehend and contribute to multi-disciplinary process employing HW, signal processing and SW
- Analytical skills - ability to triage a problem root cause in a complex system
- Familiarity and ability for SW/FW coding
- Familiarity with lab test equipment
- Understanding of MAC systems - an advantage
In this role you will be part of the team responsible for the PHY system design integration of a WiFi/BT/UWB IC solution. This includes, among other things: Digital correction methods of RF impairments like Digital pre-distortion, IQ MM correction, Power Control, AGC, Modem control Optimising PHY performance for a given system constraints Participate in modem design and implementation, from the architecture stage and floating point implementation all the way to RTL/FPGA validation in fixed point Debug complex multi-disciplinary issues spanning from RF, PHY, MAC, HW and SW Connect with X-functional teams (RFIC, Algo, SW/FW etc.) Perform hands-on PHY/RF lab work
Education & Experience
B.Sc/ M.Sc in Electrical or Computer Engineering or Computer Science or related field. .