AI/ML - Software Engineer (Personalisation), Siri & Language Technologies
Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
Machine Learning and AI
Apple's Machine Learning and AI team transform every Apple product and because we fully integrate hardware and software, we can collaborate to deliver amazing experiences while protecting user data. Privacy is a fundamental human right. At Apple, it’s also one of our core values. Your devices are important to so many parts of your life. What you share from those experiences, and whom you share it with, should be up to you. We design Apple products to be personal to you but also protect your privacy and give you control over your information. It’s not always easy. But that’s the kind of innovation we believe in. Would you like to make an impact on this scale? Join Siri's Personalisation & Private Learning team and help us create amazing personalised experiences.
- Belief in the importance of privacy
- Accomplished developer (e.g. Java or C++)
- At home with shipping software products and distributed systems
- Dedication to high quality, well-tested code, creating great user experiences
- Extensive knowledge of algorithms, data structures and software engineering concepts
- Shine when working collaboratively with peers on multi-faceted projects
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and communication skill
Siri is the world’s most popular intelligent assistant. Available on iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple Watch, HomePod, and AirPods, hundreds of millions of people can get things done - just by asking! The Siri Personalisation & Private Learning team at Apple is responsible for developing technologies that create a more personal experience with a strong privacy guarantee. You will design and implement creative innovations that run on devices; work with machine learning engineers to evaluate and implement groundbreaking algorithms; write code that processes more than 1 billion messages a day. You will review designs and code by others and provide constructive feedback. You will share your expertise and mentor others, while continuously learning from colleagues. Proficiency in Objective-C, Swift or Python; knowledge of NLP; familiarity with machine learning are areas of skill you will develop in this role. Based in Cambridge, we work closely with teams across Apple worldwide. This means occasional evening meetings with teams outside UK, and limited international travel may be required. If this is you, we'd love to hear from you!
Education & Experience
Strong computer science fundamentals required - no matter how you got them.
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programs. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace