Camera Software - Computational Video Engineer - SWE
Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
Machine Learning and AI
iPhone is the most popular camera in the world. The flawless integration of software and hardware has led to features like Portrait Mode and Cinematic Mode which deliver experiences that are magical. Our team works hard on products that ship to millions of people, and we are looking for people who want to do the same. The Computational Video and Machine Learning team develops the camera pipelines and innovative algorithms for Apple’s mobile devices, including the iPhone and iPad. Combining innovative algorithms with optimized implementations, our team delivers the quality and features which help to re-define mobile videography. If you’re passionate about inventing and developing new algorithms to improve the iPhone camera experience, we would like to hear from you.
- Extensive research and practical experience in developing algorithms for image processing.
- Possess an understanding and have experience in productizing or publishing your research results in fields such as: Computer Vision, Computer Graphics, Machine Learning or Mathematics.
- Experience with concurrent architectures and OpenGL/OpenCL/Metal.
- Strong coding skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proven leadership in both research and development.
- Excellent written and verbal communications.
- Ability to work hands-on in multi-functional teams.
You will leverage your research background and knowledge to build, develop and improve Apple technologies. You will develop ideas and concepts into commercially viable algorithms. You should be up-to-date with the latests developments in computer vision and machine learning, both in academia and in industry, and will be able to leverage your knowledge to work and influence Apple's products.
Education & Experience
PhD in Computer Science or a related field (mathematics or physics), ideally with a focus or related work on imaging, computer vision, or machine learning.
- Familiar with object oriented programming like: C++ or Objective C, is a plus.
- MacOS or iOS development experience would be a plus.
- This role may require occasional international travel/transatlantic travel.
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace