Greater China GL Accountant
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Do your life’s best work here now. With the whole world watching. Apple’s Global Business Solutions (GBS) team partners with Apple’s business across Greater China, including Retail, Sales, Operations, R&D and Services. In addition to supporting transactional and financial reporting processes, GBS’ access to data across customers and functions provides a strategic platform to uncover trends and patterns to enhance financial controls and compliance, operational efficiency and business insights and performance. We look for individuals with not only solid technical skills but also the right balance of operational excellence, problem solving and strategic thinking to support the growth of Apple in Greater China. We are now seeking a high-caliber General Ledger Accountant to join our Shanghai-based team to play a pivotal role in building an extraordinary Global Business Solutions center focused on developing a compliance governance framework to support Apple’s businesses in Greater China.
- A minimum of 5 years of related commercial working experience in US and local GAAP accounting and reporting; a combination of public accounting and multinational corporation experience preferred
- Strong technical skills in US GAAP and IFRS accounting and reporting. Experience in Taiwan Enterprise Accounting Standard statutory reporting and tax filing is a plus.
- Experience with the SAP system, S4 Hana system implementation or support experience preferred
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills to analyze complex information and extract insights to improve business decisions and solutions
- Excellent communication skills with good command of English and Chinese in both written and spoken forms
- Problem solver with the ability to break down business decisions into a detailed action plan and follow-through to deliver high quality results
- Strong communicator who can build cross-functional partnerships and drive collaboration to optimize business outcomes
- “Roll up your sleeves” attitude with a willingness to dive into the details to lead change with minimal supervision
- Self-starter with innovation, integrity and attention to details
The candidate will be responsible for end-to-end accounting activities at month- and quarter-end to ensure timely, accurate and compliant financial reporting. This role will report to the Record-to-Report (R2R) General Ledger Manager. Maintain the accuracy, completeness and integrity of general ledger accounts for assigned areas and possess knowledge of general principles relating to regulatory compliance Provide insights to business partners on accounting treatment for business operations and guidance on accounting for new business models Ensure deliverables achieve key performance metrics for quality, timeliness, accuracy and service to meet expectations of key business partners Partner across functions to develop analytics and reporting to support business decision-making Drive continuous innovation through process improvements and challenge the status quo to build best-in-class systems and processes
Education & Experience
Degree in Accounting or Finance Qualification (CPA, CA, ACCA, CICPA, CMA) and knowledge of US GAAP, PRC GAAP and IFRS Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills in both English and Chinese
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.