Core I/O SW Developer
Haifa, Haifa District, Israel
Software and Services
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionised entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Do you love crafting elegant solutions to highly sophisticated challenges? Do you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? The Core I/O team within Apple's CoreOS organization are looking for an excellent engineer to take part in supporting development and debug of critical I/O technologies, such as USB, USB PD, Thunderbolt, DisplayPort, HDMI, MIPI, and PCIe on a wide range of hardware platforms, including Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Apple TV, in this role you ill be involved in all phases of software and firmware development. You will have the opportunity to have a major impact on the design and implementation of Apple's consumer products. Our environment champions product innovation and rapid software iteration. This is a highly multi-functional role, you will be working closely with your peers in the Core I/O, hardware, and silicon organizations. You must be a highly self-motivated individual who builds a wide-ranging and creative team environment in which problems are solved in new and innovative ways.
- Excellent programming skills in at least one of C/C++/Objective C.
- Shown understanding of operating systems fundamentals.
- Excellent ability to debug sophisticated systems, solving challenges on multiple layers in a system part of the Job.
- Experience with writing and debugging sophisticated firmware or drivers.
- Familiarity with build systems and source control systems such as git.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Highly professional, with the ability to deliver proven work on tight schedules.
- Advantage: Experience with macOS/iOS development.
- Advantage: Experience with kernel development.
- Advantage: Familiarity in Linux/Unix environment.
- Advantage: Knowledge in High speed protocols such as PCIe/USB3/thunderbolt/Display port/HDMI/Ethernet.
Work with a highly skilled software engineering team in a fast-paced and demanding software development environment. Participation in all phases of a product development cycle: from definition and design, through implementation, debugging, testing and integration. Working closely with multi-functional peers to support software/driver development, Supporting development and Bring-up for new and existing platforms/products including debug of sophisticated systems on a wide range of hardware platforms. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in CE, CS or EE