SoC Next-Gen Concept Engineering Program Manager
Portland, Oregon, United States
Come and join the team that created the M1, M1 Pro, M1 Max, and M1 Ultra! Apple makes the greatest SoCs in the world; to do that takes thousands of employees, multiple years and very significant R&D spending. To make the best use of those employees, time, and money requires excellent methodologies and structures. As we continue to expand and mature, the methodologies and structures used to develop these SOCs must be improved. Apple is looking for Semiconductor/Silicon engineering professionals with strong leadership ability to drive Apple’s custom-SoC concept, a critical first step in Apple’s New Silicon Product (ANSiP) process for our amazing products. We seek highly-motivated individuals with breadth of experience, depth of technical knowledge, a confirmed track records in matrix management and sophisticated multi-dimensional program management. You will support SoC planning during the architecture to concept phase of the product life cycle. You will work closely with architecture and engineering management team to evaluate options and tradeoffs, ensuring outstanding next-generation SoC features & performance, while meeting product power & cost targets. You will drive the convergence of the SoC development plan, resulting in a high-confidence execution schedule from development through mass production. You will develop a highly vertically-integrated collaboration plan with System and SW Engineering teams, and gain multi-functional management support. You will identify and highlight critical dependencies and program risks, and guide the teams on developing and completing the mitigation plans.
- Requires 7 years of SoC design/architecture experience.
- Confirmed technical program management or multi-functional management experience
- Self-motivated and dedicated
- Creative and critical thinking abilities
- Extraordinary leader with a collaborative approach
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Experience working in a dynamic multi-disciplined engineering environment and a strong multitasker
- Ability to filter and distill relevant information for the right audience
- Strong interest to own and drive project planning and development using well-defined metrics
- Experience in complete SoC development lifecycle, from Concept to Mass Production, is ideal
- Drive SoC programs to guarantee high-quality silicon definition and execution that meet platform schedule and requirements - Facilitate effective communication and present multiple levels of program status across a wide spectrum of audiences: from individual contributors to executive management - Responsible for recognizing, evaluating and communicating multi-functional issues and risks - Understand technical issues, and drive them to closure by bringing together key partners for decision-making - Drive day-to-day activities to meet program objectives - Detailed issue reporting, bug tracking and communication of program risks and status
Education & Experience
BSEE / MSEE or equivalent is required