Custom Silicon Drivers Lead/Architect (IR) - Camera Hardware (m/f/d)
Munich, Bavaria-Bayern, Germany
Why Apple? We live in a mobile and device-driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. These elements come together to make Apple an amazing environment for motivated people to do the greatest work of their lives. You will become part of a team that sets the standard in developing excellence, creativity and innovation. Will you help us design the next generation of revolutionary Apple products? The Camera Hardware Engineering group is responsible for the design, development, and innovation of camera hardware for all related Apple products. Our target is to deliver superior camera hardware to enable best-in-class camera user experience. We are looking for an enthusiastic, high energy individual who can help us with tomorrow’s challenges. In this role, you will contribute to the development of next-generation camera hardware and drive integrated circuit development. You will work on custom silicon IC development lead and architect with in-depth understanding from system to chip architecture down to block-level design details. You will have broad EE, fundamental physics and signal processing skills and offers a mixture of system architecture, chip-level circuit design, board level circuit design. Examples of ICs developed in this role are advanced VCSEL and LED drivers with associated safety compliance circuits for camera applications in consumer products.
- Experience with complex Analog/mixed-signal IC development or Digital IC development with preference for Power Management or LED Drivers
- Proven track of record with entire IC development from concept all the way to large volume production ramp-up.
- Deep understanding of board-level design/constraints and interference with other systems.
- Experience with the development and analysis of experiments to root-cause challenging electrical problems.
- Experience with directing vendors or design teams towards efficient execution.
- Sharp problem-solving skills and critical thinking with strong understanding of EE fundamentals.
- Strong commitment to going above and beyond to get work done at the highest quality.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
Working with cross-functional teams including mechanical, optical, firmware, product/test and camera systems engineers to define IC engineering requirements. Deep involvement into vendor selection. Driving vendors from requirements to MP throughout the entire development cycle. Reviewing and providing guidance for vendor verification plan/results. Reviewing and providing guidance for internal validation plan/results. Driving the development of emulation platform with simulation models, discrete design or FPGA-based solutions. Providing IC-specific and broad electrical engineering support to camera HW and cross-functional teams. Reviewing and providing guidance for board-level design including associated components, signals and power supply.
Education & Experience
Preferred MS, or Ph.D. in Electrical and Computer Engineering Apple is an equal-opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform crucial job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
- Preferred Experience with Security and Safety e.g Cryptographic key exchanges
- Preferred Experience with developing drivers for VCSEL or LED for IR illumination and depth systems.