Software Engineer - OS Services
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Software and Services
Are you a big-picture thinker who loves setting ambitious goals? Do you have a passion for understanding how each line of code affects all the others? In the Core Operating Systems group, you’ll ensure the OS is inseparable from each device’s identity as a whole. That’s because this group is committed to building fully integrated operating systems that combine hardware, software, and apps into a single Apple experience. Your dedication to cross-disciplinary collaboration will help develop groundbreaking technologies, such as iOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS. By crafting these distinct, holistic user experiences, you’ll continue to uphold and advance the excellence people expect from Apple devices. Apple's CoreOS organization is looking for a smart, dedicated and results-oriented software engineer to help us drive and develop innovative software initiatives for iOS, macOS, watchOS and tvOS. This is a great opportunity for an engineer who is interested in exploring software technologies throughout the stack and willing to take the challenges to have a major impact to all Apple’s products. To be successful in this role, you must have a keen understanding of the underlying technologies and the ability to determine how things work end to end. You must be able to devise innovative solutions to improve and streamline processes. Most importantly, you should have a sense of style and design sensitivity. Everything we do should be beautiful, from source code organization, build scripts, to UI elements.
- Software development experience in C/C++.
- Solid and fluent understanding of algorithm and data structures.
- Proficient in object oriented design
- Experience writing applications, frameworks or daemons.
- Working experience with OS internals, shell scripting, file system manipulation, process management, etc.
- The burning desire and ability to write robust, portable code -- and wide experience in doing so.
- Highly professional, with the ability to deliver high-quality work on tight schedules under high pressure.
- Demonstrated creative, critical and independent thinking capabilities and troubleshooting skills
Collaborate closely with CoreOS, AppleCare, and Marketing to design and develop innovative technologies for use in the field. Your code will have direct impact on iOS users worldwide. Evangelize and drive the adoption of these technologies and policies across the organization
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience/skills