Area Sales Manager - Auckland
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Sales and Business Development
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple products have the potential to change the way people live, learn and work. A unique opportunity exists for an outstanding candidate to join us as an Area Sales Manager (ASM). The Area Sales Manager (ASM) actively promotes the sales of Apple solutions across multiple locations in the Apple section of Consumer Electronic (CE) and Carrier store locations. Through their strong sales, service and product knowledge, the ASM actively represents the culture of excellence and collaboration of the wider ASC and ASM community. The ASM excels in working with virtual teams in all their store locations to develop them as Apple Champions and deliver all the key metrics for success at their store.
- Retail sales experience
- Proven track record in the delivery of aggressive growth targets against closely measured goals.
- Experience in proactively and directly approaching tentative customers and enthusing them about innovative products and lifestyle solutions.
- A successful background in leading and managing teams (advantageous if obtained within a dynamic environment and/or across multiple store locations)
- Aggressive focus on goals and continuous improvement
- Customer service experience
- Advanced communication skills and excellent presentation skills
- Strong technical aptitude
- Mature approach, decision-making and follow through
- Familiarity with the PC platform
- Hardware and service sales background in a retail environment
- Involvement in carrying out in-store merchandising plans
- Presentation skills
- Apple product and channel experience.
- Understanding of operations and logistics
The ASM will have responsibilities in 4 areas, namely Retail Sales & Service, Merchandising and Brand representation, Training/Coaching and Business Management. Retail Sales & Service - Manage a geographical sales territory, planning regular call cycles for all unassisted and in-line partner stores and reporting activity to ASM Manager on a weekly basis - Meet the sales, service and attach rate goals set for the store locations and in most cases aggressively beat these goals, ensuring individual and store results exceed other locations - Be actively involved in all store level activities to ensure the highest possible revenue targets, service and attach rates are being fulfilled - Maintain high levels of customer service, satisfaction and integrity and minimise dissatisfaction and returned product volumes • Develop a strong working relationship, team-work and sense of mutual respect with in-store manager and members of the virtual team - Implement and deliver Apple directed initiatives and leverage Apple strategies and programs • Ensure store staff are well briefed and trained on new Apple products and promotions Merchandiser and Brand Ambassador - Ensure that Apple product merchandising is always up to standard and updated as required to meet brand, product and segment specific information and promotions - Ensuring the store is merchandised and Apple products are displayed in accordance to the Apple merchandising guideline specific to the Apple branded fixture located in store. - Always represent the Apple brand to the highest level Training/Coach • Schedule regular training sessions at all unassisted and in-line stores on Apple product for virtual teams • Maintain an excellent sales, product and service knowledge at all times in order to deliver the best customer solution; use this knowledge to cross-train virtual team members • Aim to be a guru and leader in an area of specialisation and become a peer leader for the region • Assist with in-store training presentations to educate customers on the latest in innovation and total solutions; deliver in-store seminars on Apple specific products and solutions • Coach, train and develop staff members within the assigned location to advocate the features and benefits of Apple’s products and services. Develop skill-sets and behaviours which will allow them to bring these to life in a sales interaction with customers on a daily basis. Business Manager • Maintain regular contact with Apple Operations to ensure smooth order and delivery process • Arrange sales meetings with store managers to discuss inventory levels and restocking requirements as per planned call cycle activity • Arrange and conduct Quarterly Reviews with Store/Area/Regional management to discuss the performance of the store and the plans for growth in future quarters The ASM will be expected to demonstrate the following Apple values: • Actively practice teamwork, working within the Sales organisation and throughout other parts of the company to achieve results • Take initiative and challenge the status quo • Deliver more than the customer expects • Be dependable and reliable – follow-up quickly and consistently • Demonstrate a positive and approachable demeanour • Ability to deal with ambiguity • Drive for results
Education & Experience
We anticipate you will have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.