Sr. Software Engineering Manager- Apple Cloud Security
Seattle, Washington, United States
Software and Services
People at Apple don’t just build products they craft the kind of experience that have revolutionized entire industries. The diverse collection of our people and their ideas inspire innovation in everything we do. The Apple Cloud Security team builds and provides secure systems and infrastructure that fuel Apple’s services (such as iCloud, iTunes, Siri, and Maps). We are looking to hire a Senior Software Engineering Manager with a proven track record in leading multiple teams of software engineers and strong technical skills. You will be responsible for providing day-to-day directions and managing activities of these teams to deliver against the Apple Cloud Security goals. As part of the Apple Cloud Security team, you will help enable the security needs of Apple’s services around the world leading the Identity and Access Management team within ACS. Your effort will help build solutions to a variety of outstanding security challenges. You’ll play a meaningful role in ensuring the highest standard of security for one of the most-watched companies in the world. Join us, and leave the world better than we found it.
- 5+ years of management experience
- Breadth of technical experience across various infrastructure and security areas with experience in large production environments
- Experience building and managing a team that is responsible for both development and operations of a service
- Experience in continuous development practices (CI/CD, rollback, canaries, feature flags, etc.)
- Programming experience in compiled languages and distributed systems architectures for high availability systems
- Strong communications and collaboration skills required
- Ability to communicate with all levels from engineering to leadership
- Able to act like an IC when needed, act like a manager when needed
- Experience with the following is desirable (but not required)
- Distributed Authorization System
- Open Policy Agent
In the first phase of your role, you will learn a lot about a security capability that we have decided to build, but for which many of the architectural and technical details remain to be finalized. While you have experience as a manager, you will start without a team, to learn the context, the need, the options available, and develop a point of view on the right approach to pursue, in partnership with peers in the Apple Cloud Security team and others in other related teams. Progressively, your role will shift from planner and designer to recruiter, builder, manager and leader. Your team will grow and likely encompass endpoint software developers and service developers and more, with full lifecycle ownership over the bits the team produces, and long-running partnerships with upstream and downstream services at Apple.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree in Computer Science / Engineering with emphasis in security related fields (or equivalent experience) Certs like OSCP, OSCE, OSEE, etc. are helpful but not vital. Bonus points for community contributions like public CVEs, bug bounty recognition, open source tools, blogs, etc.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
- Apple's committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.