AI/ML - ML Engineer (Privacy), MLPT
Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
Machine Learning and AI
Apple's Machine Learning and AI team transform every Apple product and because we fully integrate hardware and software, we can collaborate to deliver amazing experiences while protecting user data. Some people believe that in order to build intelligent products using ML you need to sacrifice privacy. We see this as an opportunity to innovate. If you are passionate about privacy and machine learning, we need your help!
- Ability and passion to deliver extraordinary results with minimal direction
- Excellent Python skills
- Proficient in ML libraries and packages such as PyTorch, TensorFlow, or Keras
- Deep knowledge of Machine Learning algorithms
- Experience with ML modelling, from experimentation and prototyping to deployment
- Experience with object-oriented software design
- Commitment to high quality, well-tested code
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
You will be working in the PriML team, at Apple. We are the team responsible for developing technologies that enable ML with strong privacy guarantee, such as Private Federated Learning. Your valuable work will impact the lives of millions of Apple users worldwide. You will help Apple push towards a privacy preserving future by researching, designing and implementing Machine Learning algorithms and models that fit the Federated Learning paradigm with Differential Privacy. You will help teams with modeling for their use case using our framework and in turn enhance the experience of hundreds of millions of users, all while preserving their privacy. You will review papers, designs and code by others and provide constructive feedback. You will share your expertise and mentor others, while continuously learning from colleagues. If this is you, we'd love to hear from you!
Education & Experience
Strong computer science fundamentals required - no matter how you got them.