Cellular Data Plane System Engineer
Software and Services
Our Cellular group is seeking a versatile System Engineer to join us. The group is developing and integrating Layer 2 of the 4G/5G Cellular modem. In this highly visible role, you will be at the heart of the system integration efforts, which collaborate with multi-functional teams (vertical product model), with a major impact in delivering the functional products to millions of customers quickly. Join us, and help us innovate new wireless systems technologies that continually outperform the previous iterations! If you are passionate about Wireless and Cellular technologies, want to make an impact, and have the desire to work on groundbreaking technologies, then we are looking for you.
- 4+ years of experience 2 out of which are in system team/system work.
- Deep understanding of communication systems (i.e., more than one discipline) - Specific cellular knowledge is an advantage
- Proven experience with integration of complex systems and bringing these complex systems to production
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills and a desire to tackle diverse challenges
- Scripting capabilities (Python/other)
- Strong debug capabilities.
- Familiarity working with standards – an advantage
- Knowledge of ASIC design/verification - an advantage
- Knowledge of SW development and testing - an advantage
- Knowledge in programming system-level simulations in Python / MATLAB / C++ - an advantage
In this role you will be responsible for: - Ensure the quality of the Cellular Layer 2 part of the SoC and lead a complex HW / SW integration efforts - Triage problems and understand if it is Layer2 / PHY, SW / HW, and propose SW workaround / HW fixes - Develop scripts for crafting complex scenarios stressing the HW and SW - Work closely with design, SW, and micro-architecture teams to define the system's functional & performance goals - Define system-level behavior for the cellular data plane sub-system – HW definitions, HW-FW partition, etc. Write system-level documentation - Work independently & manage deliverables to align with the project goals plus support cross-functional engineering efforts
Education & Experience
B.Sc / M.Sc in Electrical/Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.