Application Lead, Global Business Intelligence
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Software and Services
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services and customer experiences. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionised entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The Global Business Intelligence team provides data services, analytics, reporting and data science solutions to Apple’s business groups including Retail, AppleCare, Operations, Finance, Sales, Marketing, Apple Media Products and external partners. We lead enterprise data stores with petabytes of data, process billions of rows of data in batch and real-time to provide solutions to our users helping them gain insight and to make informed business decisions. We are looking for an Application Lead to join our team. You will engage directly with key business partners to understand the business strategies and solution needs, drive and lead technical design discussions with development teams. You should be passionate about data and its nuances, and enjoy getting hands-on with technical solution design and application deployment.
- Able to mobilize, inspire, and lead teams without direct authority. Adept at resolving conflicting partner interests effectively
- Outstanding influencer who is phenomenal at connecting the dots and able to lead and influence global/cross functional teams
- Strong analytical and communication skills. Ability to understand and communicate sophisticated technical, logical, and/or process issues in a timely, concise, and objective manner
- Ability to work well, and positively, within tight deadlines and handle difficult situations in a fast paced work environment
- Implement standard methodologies (e.g. for planning, program, and project management) and help drive their adoption
- Self-driven, highly motivated and ability to learn quickly
- Strong business acumen and ability to dive into any area of the business, develop a deep understanding, and craft execution plans
- An understanding of data in a sophisticated enterprise system landscape, including data governance, quality, and standardization
- Knowledge of one or more database technologies (Teradata, Oracle, Hadoop) and experienced in Cloud Technologies
- Proficiency in writing Advanced SQLs, experience with business analytics products like Tableau
- Experience with data science and machine learning tools and technologies is a plus
Build and own data solution roadmaps, design and deliver high quality, scalable and resilient business solutions. Mobilize and drive engineering teams in building to the roadmap, identify milestones, handle dependencies and risks, track deliverables, and overcome roadblocks. Translate complex business requirements into scalable technical solutions that meet these needs and are in line with the solution's strategic roadmap. Solid understanding of analytics needs and proactiveness to build generic solutions to improve overall efficiency. Lead/work with many global teams, communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with technical and non-technical multi-functional teams. Identify and present risk assessments (and mitigation strategies) to stakeholders and management as needed. Keep up-to-date on the newest technology solutions in market to generate innovative ideas to solve business challenges. We seek a self starter, forward-thinking person with strong leadership capabilities.
Education & Experience
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity, and thus we treat all applicants fairly and equally! Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities!
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes.