AI/ML-Senior Machine Learning Engineer, Siri and Language Technologies
Madrid, Madrid, Spain
Machine Learning and AI
High-quality software and complex ML models require dynamic and sophisticated automation to evaluate them. The ML Systems Evaluation Engineering (ML SEE) team, within the AI/ML org at Apple, is looking for an exceptional ML Engineer to evaluate our systems and deliver the best experience for our customers across the world. This exciting role will bridge knowledge, and experience from software engineering to the ML world, combining the best of both to build robust, extensible and efficient systems to evaluate ML products at scale. In this role, you will have the opportunity to design, plan and implement the statistical evaluation strategy of cutting-edge machine learning models. You will work closely with software engineers and machine learning experts to enhance the evaluation methodology for ML. You will use your experience in ML to create and develop innovative automated QA solutions. You will operate in a highly cross-functional environment to keep pushing the boundaries of existing automation and ML evaluation. If you are committed in delivering a first-class customer experience, and are a skilled and passionate software engineer, this role will give you an exciting opportunity to apply your expertise to an entirely new problem space.
- Strong experience with ML evaluation methodologies applied to large-scale production systems.
- Experience with NLP/NLU.
- Hands-on experience designing, developing and assessing new solutions using machine learning techniques.
- Excellent understanding of an ML-based product lifecycle.
- Strong understanding of algorithms and software design.
- Solid experience with CI/CD automation tools such as TeamCity or Jenkins.
- Strong communication skills to work well with cross-functional engineering teams.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities.
- Hands-on experience in defining evaluation plans with clear understanding of quality gates and metrics.
- Experience with analyzing user behavior and driving continuous improvement is a plus.
- Experience with Agile Development methodologies.
In this role, you will develop solutions to deliver successful ML products for all Siri supported languages. These include design of automation frameworks and methodologies for simulation and evaluation of user experiences for ML based products; evaluation of personalization and scalability of the frameworks across locales. The role spans from AIML product qualification, implementation, feedback and iteration on systems, frameworks and evaluation methodologies, defining and tracking user impact and user success metrics. Equally, this role will participate in the AIML product specific roadmap decisions, contributing insights and recommendations derived from the in-depth understanding of the current success metrics of AIML products. Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programs. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products. Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.
Education & Experience
B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or related field
- *Native speaker for one for the Siri supported languages, with knowledge of related culture and current cultural trends.
- *Experience with Apple ecosystem.
- * Experience with ML tools such as PyTorch or TensorFlow.
- *Experience with logging and debugging tools i.e., Grafana, Splunk, shell scripting
- *Ability to debug issues specially in Unix base embedded software.