Apple Media Products - Software Engineer
Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Machine Learning and AI
- Excellent programming skills, computational complexity knowledge and computer architecture awareness.
- Experience crafting API and communication protocols between services.
- Experience working with big data and horizontally scalable solutions.
- Work-experience in analysing sophisticated problems and crafting and building highly scalable, robust and efficient solutions.
- Experience in project-management in rapid environments with shifting priorities.
- Experience with data analysis, extracting valuable insights from large amounts of data.
- Good communication skills and a product-oriented attitude.
We're building an AI-based system that is capable of achieving a profound understanding of different kinds of media, from movies and shows to podcasts, by using present and historic real-world knowledge, innovative DL recognition models and powerful NLP and graph algorithms. The main objective of this role is to be the bridge between the team’s services and the rest of teams at Apple, to be able to demonstrate our data and technology to improve Apple Media Products (such as search or recommendations) and create new user facing features. The day-to-day tasks might range from creating big data pipelines to designing and implementing system architectures and APIs, extracting insights from large amounts of data or interacting with engineering and product teams across Apple to gather requirements and specifications.
Education & Experience
• BS, MS or PHD degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, related technical field or equivalent meaningful experience.
- Nice to have:
- • Background in Machine Learning.
- • Work-experience with Python.
- • Experience working with Knowledge Graphs.
- • This role may require occasional international travel/transatlantic travel.
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products. Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.