Global Supplier Manager, Worldwide Logistics
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of very quickly becoming great products, services, and customer experiences. If you bring passion and dedication to your job there's no telling what you could accomplish here This role is part of the World-Wide Logistics Procurement Team reporting into the WW Logistics Procurement Manager in Ireland. This is a fast moving, dynamic environment where flexibility, adaptability, excellent communications, finance acumen/auditing skills and a willingness to travel are key attributes needed for success. As a WW Logistics GSM, you will be responsible for the commercial and spend management of Apple’s APAC Distribution Centre Supplier sites for both forward and reverse logistics services. The role works cross functionally with Apple Logistics operations to get cost effective processes against contractual commitments and pricing terms. The role has responsibility for maintaining business relationships with the Suppliers and Apple regional business leaders and aligning corporate procurement strategies with regional logistics business objectives.
- Skilled negotiator with high level of business and finance acumen to analyse, validate and nominate best value proposition for Apple’s distribution centre services
- Supplier relationship management experience to measure, keep accountable and report on cost management and continuous process improvement
- Contract management experience to draft, review and assess terms and conditions and hold parties accountable
- Skilled at networking through a complex organization to develop relationships with internal customers to identify and get cost savings programs
- Ability to think strategically and develop long term road maps to maximize opportunities
- Clear communication style to work with Suppliers, internal customers/partners and executive management to drive logistics strategies
- Enthusiasm and energy required to garner support from cross functional groups and get results
Typical responsibilities will include but not be limited to: • Responsible for the qualification, selection and contracting of distribution center logistics services that support our APAC operations. • Development of strategies to ensure that distribution center costs are optimal and identifying best of breed comparative value analysis • Responsible for negotiating supplier contracts and the financial analysis associated with driving an agreement that supports Apple’s objectives. • Responsible for review of all business documents being released to the suppliers: RFPs, RFIs, Statement of Work (SOW), Master Agreements (MSAs), and formal communications. Working closely with Legal and the Manager of WW Logistics procurement • Ensure that procurement efforts are accomplished on time to meet the business schedules. • Ensures NDA, SOW's and Master Contracts are positioned appropriately before business is initiated. • Works closely with and provides critical issue support for RSM when performance (supplier or Apple) impacts contractual agreements, i.e. theft/loss claims, inventory discrepancies, SLA non-compliance. • Owns and drives the completion of metrics and the delivery of the Quarterly Business Reviews • Industry knowledge to conduct benchmarking exercises to assess competitiveness of Apple’s rates and identify any potential future partners • Drive continual cost reduction and avoidance initiatives through ad hoc price negotiations, surcharge and accessorial avoidance in compliance with Logistics Procurement Policies. • Market Intelligence: Develop and build Logistics commodity and industry knowledge to support and influence long-term strategy that meets future needs of Apple and convey a unified, consistent message to the supply base. • Management of Apple Supplier Responsibility, Apple Environmental and Social responsibility compliance programs. • Development of others to build domain knowledge expertise and groom future leaders for procurement.
Education & Experience
Degree in Business Studies, Engineering or related fields.
- • APAC logistics Supply base knowledge. An in-depth understanding of distribution center logistics operations.
- • Experience in procurement of logistics services (forward & reverse)
- • Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- • Ability to project-manage, work under pressure and meet agreed, and often, tight deadlines. Strong organizational skills from both administrative and hands-on standpoints. Excellent communication, inter personal and presentation skills.
- • Ability to influence others.
- • High level of energy and discipline commanding respect by demonstrating ability.
- • Capable of working individually or as part of a multifunctional team including peers and/or senior managers.
- • Supplier Management experience in the Procurement / Logistics area.
- • Contracting experience.
- • Negotiation skills.
- • 5 years business industry experience with hands on experiences of finance assessment and auditing, Supplier management.