Software Engineering Program Manager (EPM) - TDG
Boulder, Colorado, United States
Software and Services
The Technology Development Group is looking for a software engineering project manager (EPM) to help us build the next generation of Augmented Reality (AR) interactive solutions for Apple platforms. This team is working with some of Apple's most advanced technologies including AR, machine learning (ML) and computer vision (CV). As a member of our organization you will lead teams crafting future products that will delight, inspire and empower millions of people. You will need solid experience with system software, proven leadership capabilities, great interpersonal skills, and a dream to work with an amazing team to help guide feature and software development. As a self-motivated teammate who thrives in a dynamic, constantly changing environment, passionate about building phenomenal products and learning new technologies, this is the job for you. We are looking for people with a passion and track record for shipping complex new technology. This is a hands on role where you will lead projects through the software development lifecycle from concept to delivery. You should demonstrate high integrity, high energy and feel comfortable in a dynamic environment. As an experienced change leader navigating uncharted technology advancements you will need to build strong collaborative relationships and calmly manage any associated conflicts along the way. You will be responsible for successful outcomes and delivery with laser focus on execution with a keen eye for important details. If you relish challenge and are excited by working with a great team on amazing new technology, then we want to hear from you - please apply!
- 2+ years of software program or project management experience.
- Prior experience in hands-on software development is desired.
- Prior experience and consistent track record leading and shipping multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Solid knowledge of software development practices
- Experience driving and delivering critical project features which involve integration with multiple different teams
- Passion for and proven ability to quickly understand technical concepts
- Collaboration: You are able to fit in well with a team, understand capabilities and priorities
- Ability to communicate aspects of the project and filter messaging based on the target audience
- Ability to create and execute plans in ambiguous settings
- A deeply curious mindset about new ideas
- Unafraid to ask the hard questions
In this role, you will drive large, cross-functional programs related to user experiences, algorithm development, and/or core operating systems. This requires partnering with engineering management to facilitate all aspects of projects: define, schedule, prioritize, track, proactively manage and communicate status of projects. You will lead efforts across teams representing multiple layers of the software stack as well as other cross-functional partners in areas such as human interface design, hardware, firmware, marketing and other organizations within and outside of Apple. Strong written and verbal communication is key as you drive projects forward, prioritize work, facilitate the removal of obstacles and escalate risks.
Education & Experience
BS/MS, Computer Science / Engineering or relevant industry experience
- If you are a Colorado resident, this is for you:
- At Apple, we see the whole you. We carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors, including your background and experience. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary. An EPM starts at a minimum annual salary of $93,400. The actual pay may be higher depending on your skills, qualifications, and experience. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation.
- Every Apple employee also has the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder, because all team members are eligible for stock grants and also a discount when purchasing Apple stock. We offer all kinds of ways to experience well-being, confidence, and satisfaction. Learn more about Apple benefits.
- Note: Apple benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.