Haptic Process Engineer
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here at Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple designs consumer products that touch millions. The Haptic Engineering group is responsible for the development, test, and qualification of haptic hardware for Apple products. We are looking for an outstanding Haptics Module process engineer to work on new hardware engineering projects.
- 10+ years experience working with mechatronic systems with high precision mechanics
- Experience working with subcontractors to develop equipment, materials, and process to manufacture small, precision electromechanical systems.
- Experience with transition from development to production ramp of consumer, high volume manufacturing.
- Work closely with internal cross functional teams - Product Design, Test, Electrical Engineering, Product Engineering, and Operations
- Ability to work with international teams and travel
- Work as the key module process engineer supporting complex, high volume haptic actuators, based in Shanghai, China and need to travel to subcontractors frequently. - Provide leadership in the areas of module construction, materials, equipment, processes, reliability, and testing. - Work with factory partner to develop MP intent equipment, process, and materials - Provide communication and program phase reviews to senior management - Frequent travel to factory partner sites will be required
Education & Experience
MS in Mechanical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, or Physics as minimum. Ph.D. is preferred.