Senior Machine Learning Engineer - Personalization ML Platform, Apple Media Products
New York City, New York, United States
Software and Services
Are you a passionate about building scalable, reliable, maintainable services and solving data and machine learning problems at scale? Join the Apple Media Products journey. The Apple Media Products Personalization Team is looking for extraordinary engineers to help build next-generation search features for Apple's ground breaking devices and platforms. We are a key part of the Apple ecosystem, supporting millions of users and billions of transactions. We operate in hundreds of countries and dozens of languages. We strive to provide the best experience for our customers. As part of this group, you will work with one of the most exciting high performance computing environments, with petabytes of data, millions of queries per second, and have an opportunity to imagine and build products that delight our customers every single day!
- Applicants will have 5+ years experience in industry as a Software Engineer
- Applicants will be able to demonstrate creativity, initiative and the ability to work to deadlines.
- Proficiency in building large scale data infrastructure
- Experience in distributed computing, micro-services architecture and server side technologies.
- Experience developing machine learning/deep learning solutions
- Experience with Hadoop/Map-Reduce/Spark Experience with cloud-native deployment
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous development solutions
- Experience with alerting, monitoring and remediation automation in a large scale distributed environment
- Familiarity with A/B experimentation and data/metric-driven product development
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills - working independently and/or in small teams
- Passion for building high-quality user experiences with attention to detail
On this team, you will be one of the founding members of the new Personalization ML Platform team; We design and build a new generation of ML platform and core infrastructure for the Apple Media Products Personalization team. We apply leading-edge technologies to engineer machine learning infrastructure that will be used for developing machine learned models that help showcase the best content in Apple's ecosystem to our users while delivering on Apple's privacy commitments. Your work will be essential in full cycle of algorithm innovation from data discovery to deploying machine learning models to production.
Education & Experience
Master’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology, Software Engineering, or related field and 5+ years of experience in the job offered or related occupation. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.