Application Support Engineer, Apple Media Products
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Software and Services
Apple is a place where extraordinary people team up to do their best work. Together we build products, services and experiences people once couldn’t have envisioned - and now can’t imagine living without. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The success we are aiming for will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. Apple Media Product's production support team is looking for an Escalation Engineer for troubleshooting, tracking and resolving issues. This Engineer will play a technical troubleshooting role for customer and partner issues in App Store, Apple Music, iTunes store, TV App, Arcade, Fitness+, Podcasts and Books on various hardware and operating systems.
- Experience solving problems in sophisticated, distributed applications.
- Knowledge of SQL or other relational database queries
- Exposure to Python, Perl, Shell or any scripting language
- High logical/critical thinking
- Experience in any bug/issue ticketing systems like Jira or Bugzilla
- Analyzing client and/or server side logs in tools/systems like Sysdiagnose or Splunk is a huge plus
Working as part of an extraordinary team you will be responsible for Tier 4 support of customer and partner issues. You will triage issues, assess impact, check server logs, reproduce, capture device logs, determine the root cause and work with different engineering teams to prioritize and resolve issues. You will act as problem manager for top issues and provide updates and ETA for resolution to a wide audience, including management. You will develop excellent tools, write documentation, scripts and processes to improve quality and speed in handling issues. You will also need to handle On-Call when it is your turn and work extra hours when there are spike in issues or time critical issues. We are looking for a sharp engineer who also has a passion for customer support. You are also a phenomenal teammate, ready to engage in lively discussions. The ideal candidate pays close attention to details, but also keeps sight of the bigger picture In addition, this position requires an individual with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Education & Experience
Bachelor Degree in MIS, Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experience is required.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.