Software Development Engineer- iCloud Mail
San Diego, California, United States
Software and Services
iCloud Mail wishes to further integrate the services it provides with the devices that Apple’s customers own. The position will focus on this integration and will include client application development, cloud service integration, testing, deployment, and architectural design in a highly cross-functional environment.
- Minimum of 5+ years experience of iOS and/or Mac systems software engineering with a focus on client/server provisions
- Excellent Objective C development and debugging skills with a good working knowledge of developer tools
- Very comfortable with modern asynchronous coding styles
- Familiarity with SQL and security-conscious coding techniques
- Demonstrated experience designing, building and maintaining high-performance systems and frameworks
- Strong team player, with the ability and desire to take ownership of novel problem spaces.
This is an opportunity to join a nascent team providing new functionality to iCloud Mail customers. This position will integrate the client-device with the cloud service as well as provide an avenue for exploratory work as needed. The successful applicant will have a strong background in system-level engineering, the vision to create new functionality, and the drive to successfully see tasks through to completion.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent years of experience.
- * Excellent collaborative skills
- * Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- * Strong attention to detail
- * Comfortable working in a loosely structured organization
- * Highly professional, with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedule
- * Understanding of internet mail systems a plus