Cellular Layer1/Firmware Power Lead
San Diego, California, United States
As a Cellular Layer 1/Firmware Power Lead on this team, you will be at the center of the 5G/4G/multimode cellular firmware effort within a silicon design and firmware development group responsible for designing and productizing innovative cellular SoCs. This position requires someone comfortable will all aspects of embedded software development, that thrives in a dynamic cross-functional organization, is not afraid to debate ideas openly, and is flexible enough to pivot on constantly evolving requirements. We promote innovation and new technology. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with the Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Apple Watch, AirPods, HomePod and a multitude of groundbreaking Accessories. We have done the same with services, including iTunes, the App Store, Apple Music, and Apple Pay. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices — strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next amazing Apple product!
- - Expertise in the area of cellular/wireless modem power management system & power flows
- - In depth knowledge and experience of sleep/wakeup power flows especially at 5G/4G/3G/2G PHY Layer1
- - In depth knowledge and experience of thermal mitigation techniques
- - Experience in debugging sophisticated race conditions between FW, SW and HW power management flows
- - Good understanding of software engineering principles, and core computer science fundamentals.
- - Proficiency with C and/or C++, compilers, build and source code control tools.
- - Experience with memory constrained Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS) and concurrent programming.
- - Solid understanding of computer architecture with particular emphasis on the HW/SW interfaces of high speed communication subsystems.
- - Experience with silicon prototyping, emulation systems, and virtual platforms
- - Familiarity with UARTs, JTAG, and oscilloscopes.
- - Must thrive in a collaborative environment, lead by example and clearly communicate and drive multiple tasks across many teams.
- Lead a razor focused team to specify, design, and implement Cellular Layer1/PHY firmware modem power management of a state-of-the-art mobile wireless communications system. - Implement key scheduling, control processing in tight timeline, latency and energy constraints. - Assist in the development of pre-silicon emulation systems/virtual platforms and use them for pre-silicon L1 FW design and verification. - Evaluate and implement innovative tools for build, formal verification and test. - Define methodologies and standard methodologies. - Work in close collaboration with other partners across HW & SW to meet system level power targets and optimizations.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related experience is required.