Sales Data, Reporting & Insights delivery Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Sales and Business Development
As a Data, Reporting and Insights delivery leader within the Worldwide Business Process Re-engineering organization, you will own and be part of global programs from Inception through to benefits realization. You will partner with other functions to drive transformational initiatives focused on data, reporting and insights in order to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of our sales business functions. Having the right blend of technological depth, process and systems expertise, along with strong program and project management skills is key to the success of the role. You will be expected to manage end to end deliveries of varying sizes, as well as support the establishment and operational running of the supporting business governance required in order to manage our data, and reporting. This will require active leadership and partner management, both at strategic and tactical levels as well as strong presentation skills and executive presence, with effective communication to create impact and influence working teams and leadership.
- Excellent skills in business engagement, partner management, communication and relationship building skills.
- Ability to work in a matrix organization of both business and technical teams.
- Experience in working with multiple teams and across multiple time zones.
- Experience in leading a team, as well as managing large cross-functional teams.
- Experience in organizing and mobilizing delivery work as well as delivering projects and programs end to end.
- Analytical and problem-solving experience, exposure to large-volume data systems.
- Strong business analysis skills; capturing and documenting requirements, understanding business impacts and tradeoffs, conducting interviews and workshops, proposing solutions, documentation and process mapping, etc.
- Strong data and BI analysis skills - detailed analysis of source systems, business requirements, important metric definitions, hierarchies and aggregations.
- Strong understanding of business intelligence technologies, data architecture concepts and methodologies.
- Strong understanding of the end to end data management lifecycle.
- Experience in designing and delivering insight driven solutions and / or reporting.
- Experience of having had to induct new data from 3rd parties.
- Hands-on experience working with BI platforms and tools such as Business Objects, Tableau, ThoughSpot or others.
This role will be part of Sales business process re-engineering team supporting worldwide Sales at Apple. This role requires a good understanding of sales functions and tools used in a Sales environment. You will be responsible for leading cross-functional teams to define, build and roll-out innovative data and reporting solutions that improve strategic and operational decision making capability, builds customer satisfaction, drives revenue and increases efficiency. The role will work with senior management and global teams to define data & reporting roadmaps to help data driven decision making. Essential Duties and Responsibilities: In partnership with the business function, BPR (Business Process Re-engineering) and IS&T (Information Systems & Technology), this individual will: Serve as liaison to Sales teams to develop solutions to support strategic and operational business needs across the topics of data, reporting and insights. Consult business partners and team members within Sales, Sales Finance, Operations and Finance partners. Partner with key cross functional team members to define and drive programs and projects relevant to the delivery of data, reporting, and analytics capabilities. Drive the design, development, implementation and management of projects/programs. Lead change. Implement new ideas effectively within the Apple culture. Influence decisions and change management through collaboration, leadership and a customer- focused approach Develop and maintain key project governance documentation to ensure the proper amount of structure is applied to enable project success Address critical issues, quickly assess and develop root cause analysis and problem solution for operations issues Support and define the continual development needs of your team as well as support the broader WW Sales BPR function.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree is required. MS or MBA is preferred
- 7+ years of experience deploying BI and decision support systems with 5+ years of managing programs in the reporting space.
- Experience in large scale data management, and reporting / BI solutions.
- Experience in CRM platform implementations like Salesforce is preferred.
- Experience in Retail, Carrier or other B2C channels ideal, including processes such as; staffing management, people and advocacy programs, store build management, digital merchandising, product launch in stores, store’s and partner performance.