Developer Relations Lead, Southeast Asia
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! Apple is seeking a Developer Relations Lead for Southeast Asia based in Singapore. You will own and drive Apple’s developer centric technical evangelism and engagement strategy in this rapid growing, diverse and vibrant developer market. You will also articulate the market opportunities and ambition to deliver impact and growth. A critical function of this role is to be the chief evangelist for Apple’s development tools, platforms, frameworks and services technologies in Southeast Asia. We are looking for a proven leader to manage a team of Partnership Managers and Tech Evangelists focusing on building the culture of apps and games design with the best end user experience, optimized performance and creative innovations to deliver surprise and delight for both Southeast Asia and global markets. Do you have a strong passion for Apple products and services, desire to pay forward and empower broader developer communities, relentless pursuit of excellence, ability to navigate in a world of ambiguity, finesse and craft for value based developer storytelling, creative and innovative problem solving, the motivation to inspire others, and build strong and positive relationships throughout the organization?
- 15+ years experience in product design and development and/or technology evangelism
- Experience working for/or with a global organization in technology or related fields
- Business analytics and strategic planning with deep knowledge of industry trends
- Technical fluency with the ability to translate features into consumer and developer benefits
- 7+ years experience in leadership roles and managing a team with a growth mindset.
- Curiosity, a passion for excellence, ability to ask the right questions, and the love of working as part of a team
- Ability to continually prioritize and multi-task in a multifaceted, creative, fast paced environment
- Highly collaborative with exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills
- Fluency in English is required and a secondary language such as Vietnamese, Thai, Indonesian or Chinese a plus
- Cross regional travel is required, subject to travel restrictions and conditions
Articulate developer opportunities in the market and provide developer market insights and leadership throughout the developer’s lifecycle experience in partnership with other developer facing teams across Apple Lead the team to achieve good-to-great of our developers’ apps and games and mobilize Apple resources to effectively amplify surprise and delight our developers deliver Own and drive annual developer community engagement plan, outlining opportunities and actions that lead growth and technical thought leadership, instilling half yearly reviews on what’s working, what’s not Lead and develop a strong bench of senior partnership managers and technical evangelists Act as a primary liaison between Southeast Asia market and Asia/WW for all local business needs and feature requirements. Influence developer related product and service feature roadmap, make clear and prioritized recommendations that improve developer and customer experience Devise and craft singular market narrative to enable clear understanding of market dynamics, customer voice, opportunity and set actions that all key partners understand Become a visible and constructive member of the senior Developer Relations management team as well as the overall leadership team Be the guardian of developer messaging and positioning across every developer touch point, advancing the cause of excellence Possess expert knowledge of competitive and 3rd party developer products, services and strategies as well as the local regulatory situation that impacts developer community
Education & Experience
University degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Software Development, or Software Design Engineering is required. Business and marketing a plus
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.