Site Reliability Engineer, AMP
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Software and Services
What happens when the world’s most innovative engineers collaborate with the world’s most creative storytellers? TV gets reinvented. Meet the reinventors: The Apple TV Services teams created and manage the Apple TV app as well as tvOS, which redefined and refined the way people watch their favorite shows, movies, and so much more — including everything they love from the major subscription services. Today, these teams also manage one of the most exciting new realms at Apple: They bring viewers the critically acclaimed and award-winning Apple Originals in Apple TV+. And they’ve engineered it so Apple TV+ can be enjoyed not only on Apple devices, but also directly on many new televisions and third-party streaming devices. To deliver Apple-level quality on a global scale, these engineers employ talent and tools to smoothly ingest and process a wide array of media assets. They work cross-functionally to handle video flow from content ingestion, playback, transcoding, and virtually everything else it takes to make the experience as seamless as possible. Join them to see what else is possible. Areas of work include macOS/iOS Engineering, Full-Stack Engineering, Front-End Engineering, Back-End Engineering, Quality Engineering, Machine Learning Engineering, Data Science, Data Engineering, Site Reliability Engineering, Commerce Engineering, and Engineering Project Management.
- Support and maintain services by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and overall system health.
- Develop, manage and support SRE tools and applications.
- Engage in improving the whole lifecycle of services from inception through deployment, operations, and refinement.
- Analyze logs and telemetry data by writing monitoring and automation code
- Provide OnCall support to 1st level production support teams
- Provide hands-on technical expertise during service impacting events.
- Collaborate with other engineers on code reviews, internal infrastructure improvements and process enhancements.
- Comfortable working with large-scale server deployments. Knowledge of additional programming languages and platforms: Kubernetes, AWS, Kafka, Cassandra, Hadoop. Strong ability and enthusiasm to learn new technologies in a short time. We seek a self starter, visionary person with strong leadership capabilities. Extraordinary communication skills, for collaborating across many participating teams. You will interact with many other group’s internal team to lead and deliver best-in-class products in an exciting fast-paced environment. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. Will you join us in crafting solutions that do not yet exist?
- Driven approach to continually improving service levels - Consistent track record of troubleshooting and resolving issues in live production environments and implementing strategies to eliminate them - Proficient coding experience using Python, Java, bash or similar languages - Strong grasp of Linux systems, networking, and security - Experience with monitoring tools such as Splunk, Nagios, Grafana
Education & Experience
BS degree in computer science or equivalent field with 5+ years or MS degree with 3+ years experience, or equivalent.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.