Head of APAC Engineering, Apple Online Store
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Software and Services
The Information Systems & Technology (IS&T) team manages key business and technical infrastructure at Apple -- how we take an order online, the experience with technology in our retail stores, how much network capacity we need around the world, the processing of every credit card an iTunes customer uses, and closing the books. IS&T does it all. Today, Apple Retail provides one of the best multichannel commerce experiences in the world, and operates in numerous countries world-wide. Our Retail IS&T teams of highly skilled Engineers, Analysts, and Program Managers are designing and supporting the Apple platform and applications. The Retail APAC Engineering team is currently responsible for the global world-wide eCommerce platform real time monitoring and its development. The Head of Engineering is expected to be directly responsible for this Apple Online Store monitoring team, but also to partner with other teams worldwide to expand the current platform to other Retail applications, while developing the engineering capabilities in APAC. You will develop and drive the technical direction and initiatives, coordinate efforts among employees and outside vendors, in addition to liaising and interacting with senior/executive management across IS&T and other functions within Apple. This role will report to the Head of APAC Retail IS&T.
- Proven leadership in establishing vision, goals and developing strategic and tactical execution plans, with a track record of operationally managing and delivering large and complex projects across eCommerce and Retail platform.
- Expert knowledge of the retail industry, commerce, and omni channel trends, with strong business acumen and similar experience in a global company.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and information, identify trends and problem statements, build innovative solutions and strategies to drive implementation and execution.
- Be a problem solver with excellent leadership skills who can motivate employees and vendors to reach company objectives in a fast-paced international environment.
- Demonstrate collaboration and inclusion through hiring and promoting inclusive and diverse talent, encouraging all voices to be heard and valuing those voices, and serving as an example of leading a culture of belonging for others across Apple.
- Strong ability to influence and make process improvements on an on-going basis.
• You will lead, develop and grow the APAC Retail Online & Store engineering team, expanding its scope where it’s relevant and bring added value. • Partner and explore opportunities, with other teams across Apple Retail and Engineering Solution, to adjust and improve our systems and how we support them. • Define and propose a framework to integrate the monitoring team in project life cycles. • Manage communication and reporting with executives and stakeholders, and escalate issues as necessary. • Manage relationships with vendors and partners.
Education & Experience
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.