Education - Leadership & Learning Executive, New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Sales and Business Development
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionised entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The Apple education team are here to help education institutions transform their teaching and learning environments, while growing top-line revenue for Apple. As the Leadership and Learning team member in New Zealand, you will gain a deep understanding of the education sectors we engage with—at all levels from strategic (in the MOE, Reseller Partners and other Education Multipliers) to tactical (in schools and classrooms). You will lead the development and delivery of a vision that can inspire leaders and educators to transform learning when using Apple products. You will collaborate closely with internal and external partners to create plans for solutions and new use cases, and bring that solution to life in the market.
- No matter the audience, you are an authority at presenting. And, you can remain calm when situations demand it. You make the complex simple and you command an audience by bringing them along for the journey. You enable others to learn, to be curious and ultimately, share your passion for the Apple story. When challenged with complex questions, you share your deep knowledge of how our hardware, software and services integrate.
- Apple doesn’t cut corners, in products or in business. You bring the highest level of integrity, honesty, and accountability in all that you do, every day. You are a trusted advisor who does what you say you’ll do – and always does what’s best for Apple.
- You see the world through the eyes of education leaders and teachers by deeply understanding their learning environments, challenges, and concerns. You obsess over how they experience our products and services. You not only meet our customers’ expectations, but you exceed them.
- Customer and partner needs can often be unique – but, you’re quick on your feet and connect and influence the right people both inside and outside of Apple. You are a go-to person with leadership, and are trusted and comfortable in tough situations. You can settle disputes, negotiations and be responsible for the hard calls with minimal noise. You step up to conflicts and see them as opportunities to shine.
- You are only as strong as the people around you, so you know how to contribute to your team. You enjoy a collaborative environment with open dialogue and debate. You empower your teammates to do their life’s best work. When projects require extra support, you are eager to step up and bring your knowledge to the table.
- You know yourself – you have strengths, weaknesses and opportunities - but you also know the people around you and are open to their feedback. You relate well to all kinds of people – up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organisation. When faced with a challenging opportunity, you know who to connect with and when. People know you’re a real teammate and you know what it takes to win.
- Apple and third party solutions enable learning environments to be transformed in simple and innovative ways. You create high-reaching and breakthrough strategies that truly shape the future. You do this by asking why and why not, both stripping out what is not essential and identifying what is. By doing so, you are able to see what’s ahead and identify trends that will be important for educational change.
- You strive for excellence in everything you do. Due to changing priorities, urgent customer needs, or a final push to meet a quarterly forecast, you face the daily challenge of where to focus your time and energy. You have a don’t give up attitude, and finish, even when met with resistance or setbacks. You seize every opportunity and empower others to reach their goals along the way.
- As a Leadership & Learning team member for New Zealand you will be responsible for leading strategic learning and development initiatives for Years 1-13 schools across New Zealand. - We create strong customer relationships and inspire change in schools through demand generation activities, events and workshops. - We are integral to the execution of plans through cross-functionally coordinating internal and external resources with Business Development Executives', Systems Engineers', Resellers' and Strategic Partners. We often draw on our previous successes and our partners expertise to drive scale and velocity. - We create and develop communities within New Zealand to support our education initiatives; Apple Distinguished Schools, Apple Distinguished Educators and Apple Professional Learning Specialists.
Education & Experience
- 8+ years of experience in the New Zealand education system as both an educator and instructional leader in Years 1-13 education in New Zealand - Bachelors degree in Education required, Masters preferred - Proven experience in education, instructional design, educational leadership, and/or educational technology with success as a principal and/or deputy/assistant principal and / or curriculum leader.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.