Fraud Prevention Specialist - English and Thai
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Support and Service
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we create products and experiences people once couldn’t have envisioned - and now can’t imagine living without. If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact, and joining a team where we pride ourselves in being one of the most diverse and expansive companies in the world a career with Apple might be your dream job… Just be prepared to dream big! Apple Online Store Fraud Prevention team is a high-impact team of specialists whose goal is to improve Online Store Shopping Experience by mitigating the risk associated with Online purchases. Strong analytical skills and ability to always prioritise business need is a requirement. This regional team enhances the overall customer experience by efficiently and correctly analyzing purchases for fraudulent activity, connecting with customers to obtain additional information, and determining the appropriate next steps for the customer and Apple in a wide range of scenarios. The team is looking for someone to step in and make a difference. Previous fraud prevention experience would be an advantage. This role is located at the Apple corporate campus in Singapore.
- Proficiency in English and Thai is required.
- 1-2 years experience in a customer service, contact center, data analytic or order verification role.
- Experience in analytical work.
- Equipped with problem solving skills and good logical thinking.
- Comfortable dealing with large and complex data.
- Demonstrate sound decision-making and good judgment.
- Customer-focused individual with an eye for identifying outliers among data sets.
- Comfortable with Multi-tasking.
- You are Self-motivated in a high-stress/fast-paced work environment.
- You can work and deal with ambiguity.
- You deal with change positively.
- You are a team player.
- You have the ability to work and make decisions independently.
- Flexibility to work rotating shifts, including weekends and public holidays.
On this team, we are adept at dealing with ambiguity, have the ability to make sound judgments & utilize problem solving skills in a timely manner, and are able to stay self-motivated & customer focused in a highly transactional role while working independently. While the majority of daily tasks involved in this position are handled individually, teamwork is highly critical in learning the role, staying current with procedures/trends, and in building & maintaining a successful group culture. - Review and analyze purchase transactions, chargeback requests, and customer accounts to detect unauthorized activity. - Obtain additional information through outreach to customers, or answering customers call. - Determine appropriate next steps and take action on fraudulent orders, accounts and chargeback transactions. - Analyze, identify, and communicate trends. - Research and resolve suspected fraud escalations from various sources.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree preferred, or equivalent experience. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.