Wireless Power - Hardware Verification Engineer
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Apple is a place where extraordinary people team up to do their best work. Together we build products and experiences people once could not have envisioned, and now cannot imagine living without. Our team is a diverse collection of hardware, firmware and test verification engineers that are focused on developing wireless power technology for our products. Our goal is to integrate this technology and provide a seamless user experience for end users. Given the complexity and infinite possibilities of its use case, we work hand in hand with design engineers and automation team to achieve this. If you are passionate about evaluation of new technology, conceptualizing new verification methods, and development of new products, you will fit right in. The aim is to develop, organize, design and implement methods of verification that are essential throughout the entire design development cycle.
- At least 2-3 years experience in test verification and measurement environment
- Knowledgeable in Digital and Analog circuit design and circuit analysis.
- Basic knowledge of Switch Mode Power Supply, Inductive or Wireless Power Transfer is an advantage.
- Experience in using Python, Matlab, Labview or equivalent
- Proficiency in using test management and issue/bug logging tools
- Confident using the command line in Unix, Linux, and/or OS X is an advantage
- Self-starter and motivator with good communications skills and ability to work independently as well as collaborate proactively within various levels of the organization.
- Takes initiative to proactively identify, solve problems and contribute to FMEA activities.
- Excellent organisational and documentation skills.
- Background in designing, integrating and testing robotics / automating systems is a plus.
- Ability to assess, recommend and make decisions based on data from validation testing.
- Provide expertise in systems engineering and architecting methods to enable verification and validation of system controls and hardware requirements. - Preparing concise and detailed verification/validation documentation and reports with an emphasis on prioritising tasks to meet challenging deadlines. - Log issues and monitor progress and validation of resolution once implemented. - Analyse verification test data and publish meaningful reports. - Conduct FMEA on some areas of test processes and validation to identify design root causes of issues. - Develop and participate in conceptualising test tools to effectively simulate user experience at any test phase during design development.
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Engineering, Electrical, Power Electronics, or equivalent experience