Mac Hardware Systems Engineer
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
The people here at Apple don't just build products - they build the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. We are searching for self-driven, passionate electrical engineers to provide design, test, validation, failure analysis and manufacturing support to our product. Our products are on the groundbreaking in every way: usability, integration, connectivity, power consumption, fabrication, reliability, manufacturing scale. The candidate will play a meaningful role in the development of Apple products, collaborating with cross functional design team in the process.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in the design and development of high speed digital and/or analog boards and systems.
- Direct experience in high volume computers /communication devices /consumer electronics preferred.
- Must have a solid understanding of the system development process including concept creation, schematics and board development, as well as board and system bring up and debugging.
- Must have direct experience with one or more of the following technologies: high speed bus design, low power design, industry standard protocols (PCIE, USB, wireless, thunderbolt, etc.) and their design issues.
- Software and scripting experience a plus.
- Superior communication skills in both English and Chinese.
- You will participate in design and development of next generation mobile Mac products from concept to mass production. - You will support all hardware characterizations both at Cupertino and local sides, analyze test reports and address the conclusions. - You are the technical contact at OEM site to support various engineering builds. Represent the EE team in a cross-functional team environment. Helping factory with EE related issues and driving post ramp quality issues. - You are able to identify and prioritize EE related issues. Drive resolution of cross-functional issues including those related to architecture (performance, power consumption, thermal behavior), production (quality, failure analysis, manufacturing), and development (schematic design, PCB layout, and overall system integration). Good ability for issue summary and reporting. - You are able to manage vendor EE resources for better technical support.
Education & Experience
- BSEE required. MSEE preferred.