Apple Pay - Software Development Engineer Test
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
At Apple, phenomenal ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly! Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could carry out. Our team is responsible for delivering server-side solutions for the iOS ecosystem. Come join a team of highly skilled and friendly engineers, interacting daily with teams that span across Apple including iOS software and hardware engineering, Apple Online Store, Apple Retail, and our network and banking partners. We strive for excellence and believe strongly in the quality of our output.
- Ability to define and implement comprehensive server-side test plans and a strong background in crafting or extending existing test frameworks: JUnit, TestNg.
- Expertise in object-oriented programming and design, including Java.
- Experience of working with relational database systems and authority SQL scripting skills; NoSQL experience is a bonus.
- Has experience of providing and consuming RESTful web services and JSON.
- Can demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of iOS (user-experience, software, and hardware) and strong Unix skills and proficiency with at least one shell and high level scripting language (bash, perl, python).
The Apple Pay team is growing! The group is looking for an outstanding software development engineer in quality with strong experience in building client and server test automation. We are an agile software development team and are building infrastructure to move towards continuous delivery where every code change is thoroughly tested at the push of a button. With the exponential growth that we experience at Apple Pay, we are looking to scale our test infrastructure for fast and effective integrations. Come join our team and be part of this initiative! To be successful in this role you should have strong programming fundamentals and are equipped to design, document, automate tests and develop restful services at scale. You will be ambitious, researching and promoting the latest technologies, independently solving technical issues, and feel comfortable collaborating and communicating with all our partners who take pride in building server solutions. You'll be involved in all phases and layers of the application, and have a direct impact on the experience of millions of customers.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Maths or Science or meaningful proven experience.
- • Ability to promote software testing standard methodologies and Influence architecture and design decisions.
- • Experience of the following is a plus:
- • Maven, svn, git, Jenkins.
- • Application Security.
- • Wireshark, tcpdump.
- • Performance testing concepts and tools.
- This role may require occasional international travel/transatlantic travel.
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.