Business Development Manager - Wallet, Payments and Commerce - Madrid
Madrid, Madrid, Spain
Software and Services
Apple Wallet & Pay continue to grow and become integral to the daily lives of our consumers, and with more developments to come, it’s an exciting time ahead for the Apple payments and services business. The Wallet, Payments and Commerce team is looking for a Business Development Manager to manage our payments business in Spain, and to help enable new functionality for Wallet Services. Within this role you will also work cross functionally with Technical Project Managers, Operations, Marketing as well as with service providers, processors, terminal providers and customers to help support the expansion of Apple’s Wallet services. As a successful candidate, you are passionate about payments and the potential of digital products and services. You know how to work in a large organisation, but have not lost that drive and “can do” attitude of your roles in start-up organisations. You have an insatiable curiosity, comfort with ambiguity and enjoy thinking about edge cases. You are a self-motivated, driven individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment. You have a high level of integrity, energy, and sense of urgency to “make things happen”. You also have a passion for payments, digital services and the innovation disrupting the industry.
- Knowledge of the payments and mobile wallet services landscape inside and out, its pros and cons, and how to get things done with partners locally.
- Extensive business development and program management experience in driving new products and features
- Experience working with payment networks, card issuers and other payment methods.
- Prior experience working on digital services and products in the Transit or Access control verticals is also highly desired
- Experience in managing sophisticated partner relationships, structuring and negotiating business and technical terms to close deals with strategic partners
- Proven track record to assess business and client/partner needs and prioritise accordingly; success innovating, identifying and delivering new business, product, market opportunities with clients
Establish, develop and grow strong business relationships with payment providers, banks, international and domestic payment networks Develop strategy and tactics to drive substantive and measurable change in adoption rate, usage, penetration and scale through partners Track performance of implemented solutions to establish best-in-class service for customers and to find opportunities for partner improvements Stay appraised of changing payments landscape to make certain that the global strategy is modified to meet local customer needs Leverage and develop collaborative and impactful relationships with diverse portfolio of ecosystem providers to drive broad adoption of Apple Pay and other Wallet services (Access, Transit, Loyalty amongst others). Establish and grow relationships with new partners, including system integrators, terminal providers and be the “go to” person for the projects and relationships Manage multiple parties and projects from initiation to completion while providing consistent updates and communication to business leaders
Education & Experience
Degree education in relevant field desirable but candidates from all education backgrounds are encouraged to apply
- - Fluency in Spanish and English. One other European language a plus
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.