Apple Media Products (AMP) - Software QA Lead
Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Software and Services
We are the team providing Apple Media content and services to the world, and building the infrastructure for next-generation systems. Our apps, serving billions of requests every hour, help drive products such as iTunes App Store, Apple Music, and iTunes Store applications on iOS, Desktop, and Apple TV. We're looking for an expert QA Lead to join our backend services QA team to test & automate services that are the backbone of Apple TV/TV+. We are seeking an experienced engineer who is proactive, detail-oriented, and can multitask efficiently.
- 5+ years of experience in quality engineering and/or software development.
- Experience in services and protocol testing working with HTTP/JSON/Rest APIs.
- Deep experience in API functional testing, API test development, execution of automated tests and bug reporting.
- Proficiency with programming in Python or Java and experience with UNIX-based systems for debugging, analysis, and automation.
- Experience developing test automation with Pytest, JUnit, or TestNg and knowledge of Data Driven Testing
- Experience with web devTools, server side logging tools (e.g. Splunk) and HTTP traffic monitoring tools (e.g. Charles Proxy).
- Experience working closely with development teams in an Agile software development environment.
- Strong problem-solving and debugging skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to abstract technical details and effectively communicate to audiences at different levels
- Outstanding organizational, interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
Execute manual and automated tests that target Apple TV client-facing services. Analyze test results, troubleshoot, assess risk, and triage issues with different teams. Create and document comprehensive server-side test plans. Collaborate with developers, EPMs & QA engineers to understand features in-depth, plan sprints, plan test cycles, design test automation and analyze defects. Plan and distribute tasks to other QA engineers, track progress, and report results. Evangelize software testing best practices and influence architecture and design decisions.
Education & Experience
A graduate degree relevant to computer science or equivalent
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programs. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education, and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.