Software Engineer (Cellular Platform) - Swift
Munich, Bavaria-Bayern, Germany
Software and Services
Join the Wireless Technologies and Ecosystems (WTE) organization and be part of an outstanding team of engineers, working with multi-functional teams to drive innovation and develop products used by millions worldwide. We are looking for a highly reciprocal individual who can excel in a high-paced environment. Be ready to make something extraordinary when you come here. Dynamic, encouraging people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with our products and services. The same real passion for innovation also applies to our business practices - strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. You should join Apple if you want to help deliver the next amazing Apple product. In this role, you will be a key member of our team, defining and working on Platform software design and development with a focus on trace and debug. You will be collaborating with Cellular Protocol Stack, RF and other teams.
- Proficient in Object-Oriented SW development (e.g. SWIFT , C/C++, or Java)
- Proven experience with application development ideally on MacOS
- Experience of UI development
- Extensive familiarity in software engineering tools due to daily use (e.g. SW version control systems like git, Jenkins, etc)
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment that requires quick adoption of new techniques and out-of-the-box thinking
- Self-motivated and prepared to go the extra mile to achieve the best results possible
- Collaborative, innovative and creative skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
In this highly visible and critical role, you will be part of the Cellular Platform Software Driver Team and responsible for bringing the debugging tooling to the next level. The candidate will be responsible for specifying requirements, writing design documents, architect solutions and implementing software to provide the best in class debugging solutions. You will also be responsible for verification and debugging tasks. The position requires high-level thinking to devise code solutions with having entire development and verification ecosystem for the pioneering wireless SoCs in mind. Here you will be able to use your excellent programming and communications skills, with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Education & Experience
Master in Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Wireless Communications or equivalent majors
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programs. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.