Design Verification Engineer
Seattle, Washington, United States
Does making the next great technology product excite you? Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, our new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. We bring passion and dedication to our job and when you are a part of that team there's no telling what you could accomplish. Design Verification Engineers at Apple are responsible for verifying the functionality and performance of Apple’s premier SOCs. This is a critical job within Apple's Hardware Technology and we'd love to have you join us
- - Skilled in many aspects of digital verification such as constrained random verification process, functional coverage, code coverage, assertion methodology & philosophy
- - Knowledge of SystemVerilog, digital simulation and debug
- - Knowledge of computer architecture and digital design fundamentals
- - Good SW programming skills with knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- - Experience with Python, Perl, or similar scripting language
- - Ability to work independently to deliver the project goals
- - Knowledge of verification methodologies like UVM
- - Experience with C/C++, assembly is a plus
- - Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the dream to take on diverse challenges
As part of a very dedicated team you will be at the heart of the chip design effort collaborating with all fields (vertical product model). You own ensuring the quality of the SOC or an IP or subsystem. This requires you to review design and architecture specifications and work closely with design & micro-architecture teams. A key component to the job is understanding the functional & performance goals of the design and you use this knowledge to test effectively. You develop test plans, tests & coverage plans as well as define our next generation verification methodology & testbenches. You will actively communicate and collaborate with design, architecture and software to understand the use cases and corner conditions and drive test cases. The SOC contains many subsystems and IP, so you may be working on one or several of the following types of IP: - Neural Engine hardware - DRAM subsystem, memory controller logic - Encode and Decode systems for ProRes and other codec formats such as VP9, AV1 - Hardware security, including cryptographic algorithm implementations - High-Speed IO standards such as PCI Express, DisplayPort, MIPI - Power management and fabric infrastructure - Memory cache management - Display Subsystem for variety of panels and products These are just some examples of the exciting designs that are part of our team. Joining SOC DV allows you to focus deeply on one main IP or expand your breadth as you work on a collection of subsystems. It’s up to you!
Education & Experience
Minimum of BS + 10 years relevant industry experience.