Senior Software Engineer - Data Analytics Platform
Seattle, Washington, United States
Software and Services
- Proven experience in data engineering, data architecture, or a related field
- Experience in building and deploying semantic layers for analytics data is a plus
- Strong understanding of data modeling, data warehousing, and ETL concepts
- Proficiency in SQL and experience with at least one major data analytics platform, such as Hadoop, Spark, or Snowflake
- Experience with data integration and data governance tools, such as Talend, Informatica, or Collibra
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, and the ability to work well under tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with multi-functional teams
Design and implement a semantic layer that integrates analytics data from multiple sources in an efficient and effective manner. Develop data models and mapping rules to transform raw data into actionable insights and reports. Collaborate with the analytics and data science teams to understand their requirements and deliver solutions that meet their needs. Ensure data quality and accuracy by developing data validation and reconciliation processes. Play an active role in the development and maintenance of user documentation, including data models, mapping rules, and data dictionaries. Collaborate with multi-functional teams to define and implement data governance policies and standards. Stay informed about the latest developments in data analytics and data management technologies and recommend new tools and methodologies to improve the semantic layer.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field Apple is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Apple does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.