Technical Program Manager
Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- Ideally you would have:
- Minimally 6 years of SMT experience
- Other added technical knowledge eg. ACF, COG, reliability, electrical & mechanical design will be an added advantage
- Willing to travel to support validation builds worldwide (China, Taiwan, Korea, Thailand)
- Able to relocate and support sustaining projects
- Good communication skill
- Demonstrated strong leadership skill
- Good team-player and able to work with multiple functional groups
Roles & Responsibilities: NPI • Collaborate with multi functional team for timely deployment of new projects • Work with Module Integrators (MI) for controls runs and line/equipment certification. • May provide guidance and resources to contract manufacturing (CM) partner engineers. • Acts as project leader on a variety of complex projects. • Plans, develops and implements technically complex procedures for PCBA manufacturing process, rework, and testing. • Make recommendations for changes required in testing equipment (ICT and Functional test), manufacturing processes, and new testing requirements. • Designs and develops technically complex new processes to improve quality and efficiency. • Provides early manufacturing involvement to ensure new products are manufacturable. Activities include driving out costs in design/PCBA manufacturing tooling, influencing designs so that they are manufacturable, reducing complexity by using standard size packaging. • Interface with Apple Printed Circuit Board Assembly (PCBA) Subcontractor and manage technical aspects of Volume Manufacturing builds including rework processes, with direction as necessary from Operations Engineering DRI. • Ensure Apple PCBA Subcontractors/JDM partner adherence to Process Parameters and Procedures as well as approved Manufacturing and Test processes. Ensure maintenance of specified quality levels at PCBA Manufacture Ramp Management • Serve as Operations and Technical lead to perform Factory planning review with MI and Supply Management team for maximizing the fastest way to ramp production line to the MPS. • Identify, prioritize and manage key technical risks associated with a product to enable the quality ramp of a product. • Liaise with Engineering and MI for equipment deployment and Machine Buy-off. • Tracks and monitor key bottleneck stations to ensure max utilizations and clear the obstacles for ramp. Factory Management • Works with on-site SQE and MI to ensure in-process quality level and outgoing QC is meeting Apple global standards • Ensure MI conforms to Apple’s standard for security, labor rules, and safety. • Tracks factory progress on key indicators and reviews program to support these goals. • Collaborate and work with FATP and MI in resolving issues related to quality and quantity.
Education & Experience
Engineering education level and related experience. Please note: Role is based in Thailand.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.