Education Development Executive, Thailand
Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand
Sales and Business Development
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you have a passion for building long-term partnerships? Are you an exceptional collaborator who loves to work across disciplines? Apple’s Sales organization generates the revenue needed to fuel our ongoing development of products and services. This in turn, enriches the lives of hundreds of millions of people around the world. Our sales team, is in many ways, the face of Apple to our largest customers. A unique opportunity exists for an extraordinary individual to lead our efforts to expand Apple’s success in Education in Thailand. The Development Executive will be responsible for leading strategic learning and development initiatives for K-12 schools, universities and vocational institutions across Thailand. It requires working closely with the Learning & Development Manager and alongside other education team members. This role requires both strategic thinking and exceptional presentation and story telling skills, capable of inspiring and motivating transformational change at senior executive level. This is an influencer role which requires working across complex environments and being comfortable outside traditional boundaries. To support strategic education initiatives and build upon a strong customer base in Thailand, the ability to develop relationships, build community and execute at speed are essential. Seen as an education thought leadership role by education customers, a deep understanding of Apple in education and strong knowledge of the education landscape in Thailand. In addition, the Development Executive for Thailand will be seen as one of the ‘go to expert’ supporting the Apple team and working cross functionally in the development of targeted activities and programs. This is a Bangkok based role that will require occasional travel throughout the South East Asian region.
- You have exceptional knowledge of the education market and an understanding of effective classroom technology.
- Familiarity of the Apple education eco-system and proficiency in iTunes U, iBooks Author, iLife and iWork Suite and other Apple software and services.
- An Education degree is required. Masters level preferable.
- Experience in an academic leadership position preferred.
- Experience as a classroom teacher or lecturer, and/or curriculum consultant
- A solid understanding of the Thailand education system with a preference for having taught within this system.
- Outstanding presentation skills.
- Position requires a high level of energy and willingness to go the extra mile
• Drive Apple’s core education messaging with a particular focus on influencing education leadership; institution, sector, multiplier organisations • Presenting Apple solutions to the education market and demonstrating how Apple solutions can best meet customer needs. Presentations are provided to groups at seminars, briefings, conferences, and workshops, as well as for individual strategic accounts. • Delivering professional development to strategic accounts in the use of Apple technology. • Driving Apple’s core education messages of 1:1 computing and blended learning environments and effectively messaging all Apple solutions. • Be an education thought leader and trusted advisor to school and tertiary leadership teams. • Providing education expertise and guidance to customers to ensure effective implementation of Apple products and solutions. Monitor education customers after the sale for effective use. • Supporting the efforts of Apple Distinguished Schools in Thailand. • Support Apple Distinguished Educators in Thailand. • Working alongside Business Development Executives, Systems Engineers and other Development Executives to design, implement and execute on the strategic sales plan for the country. • Mentoring Account Executives and Systems Engineers on Apple education messaging to their customers. • Develop and support a partner driven professional development network that can scale to meet the needs of a growing customer base. Premised on the ACN-PD network and in conjunction with Apple Professional Development. • Supporting all education conferences and Apple events in assigned region
Education & Experience
Exceptional knowledge of the education market and an understanding of effective classroom technology is a must. Strong knowledge of the Apple education eco-system and high level of proficiency in iTunes U, iBooks Author, iLife and iWork Suite and other Apple software and services. An Education degree is required. Masters level preferable. Experience in an academic leadership position preferred. Experience as a classroom teacher or lecturer, and/or curriculum consultant A solid understanding of the Thailand education system with a preference for having taught within this system. Outstanding presentation skills. Position requires a high level of energy and extended hours on a daily basis
- • Ability to work well in groups and without routine direct supervision.
- • Take initiative and challenge the status quo.
- • Deliver more than the customer expects.
- • Be dependable and reliable – follow-up quickly and consistently.
- • Demonstrate a positive and approachable demeanor.
- The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionised entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry- leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity.