People Business Partner, Southeast Asia
Bangkok - TH
Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand
The People Business Partner is a key role in partnering with the leadership teams of a number of business units across Southeast Asian countries. Based on the business strategy and deep diagnosis of internal & external trends, the Business Partner builds and executes the People strategy for the relevant business unit/country, and with this is the ambassador of the global People vision. Your work is systemic, uses and resources from Apple’s wider People eco system, facilitates plans and provides an aligned people vision for each business unit/country. This is an exciting opportunity to work as a trusted advisor to different senior leaders, providing solutions and recommendations in the People space. Your role is important in driving leadership capabilities and supporting the leaders in building a culture, the organisation, leadership styles and the inclusive environment necessary for people at Apple to do the best work of their life. This role is based in Bangkok / Thailand and requires fluency in both Thai and English language.
- Know People : You will need to know people (individuals across all level and organisation and what drives, motivates or derails them) and take this further to quickly establish trust across different parts of the organisation to help push the organisation in a direction that makes sense for all of Apple
- See around corners : You have the ability to keep one eye on the future of an organisation while managing the myriad demands of the present
- Approach problems flexibly : You will navigate between competing initiatives, responsibilities or priorities, assesses the situation, considers the dynamic needs or requirements and generates and range of solutions by helping others to reformulate the problem statement in a broader context
- Drive what matters : You know what matters, continuously works towards get (and keep) others focused on the right strategies and goals. You will be engaged in a recurrent campaign to connect People initiatives to strategic objectives and keep the connection top of mind for Senior Leaders and teams. To do that, partners with a variety of teams across the organisation
- Stay curious : You are to demonstrate a deep curiosity about the untold or undiscovered story, asks her/himself and others questions about what factors influence outcomes, what things are overlooked, what assumptions might be wrong and what’s happening under the surface. You draw others into the conversation and helps Leaders ask astute questions about their own team
* Drives the People strategy to meet the short and longterm needs of the relevant business and of Apple * Connects people, teams and organisations to execute the strategy * Diagnoses trends for the organisation and adjusts the strategy accordingly * Finds ways for managers and senior leaders to build significant connections with their team members and with each other * Creates an exceptional employee experience, builds a plan for it through data and observation * Consistently assesses the organisational effectiveness of all aspects of the employee lifecycle * Is seen as trusted and knowledgable member of the leadership team of the organisation(s) s/he supports * Guides Managers and Senior Leaders making people decisions and developing an inclusive environment of performance and innovation
Education & Experience
- - Position a business in the wider context: understand internal & external business operations and with that accurately anticipate risks, contribute to building strategy that shapes the future of the organisation, identify problems that are central to the strategy
- - Building relationships of trust by having an enthusiastic point of view: show a genuine interest in others, act with appropriate balance of confidence and humility, sees to learn from both successes and failures, demonstrate personal integrity and ethics, earn trust through results, frame complex ideas in simple and useful ways, persist through adverse circumstances and have a history of delivering results.
- - Managing and maximising the ideas and outcomes that may be inherently in opposition of each other: effectively manage the tension high level strategic issues and operational results, between internal focus on employees and external focus on customers, between taking time to gather information and making timely decisions, between the need for change (flexibility) and stability (standardisation).