Marcom Project Manager
Istanbul, Turkey Region, Turkey
Our Marcom team forms part of the global Marketing Communications organization at Apple who are responsible for all consumer facing communications. This includes advertising, apple.com, direct marketing, Apple retail, channel, packaging, video, corporate identity, and partner communications. We are producers, writers, editors, graphic designers, traffic managers, developers, photographers; all driving towards crafting the world's best marketing communications. We strive for excellence where no detail is overlooked and where the customer experience is paramount. We never compromise in our pursuit of great work! We are looking for a Project Manager to join our team. Based in Istanbul, the Marcom Project Manager will work cross-functionally and support all projects run by Apple Marcom Turkey. Duties include developing internal project/traffic systems, creating/coordinating schedules, tracking projects’ progress, and routing work for review/approval. The Marcom Project Manager works very closely with Functional Producers, Brand Manager, Ad Manager, Creative Team and Content/Business Affairs teams in Marcom.
- A deep understanding of, and experience of handling the total workflow i.e. internal briefing, briefing to vendors/studios, managing key milestones/deadlines, presentations/internal approvals, executions, delivery, etc.
- An innate ability to be the calm voice in pressurised situations, always applying a common sense and respectful approach.
- A good understanding of how to deliver quality creative work.
- Must be able to travel to the US frequently, for extended periods (up to 4 weeks per visit).
- Excellent English communications skills - written and oral.
- Proven project management skills.
- A hands-on, can-do approach to solving problems.
- Insane attention to, and retention of, detail.
- The ability to learn new processes and technology quickly.
- The ability to work well with others. We work very collaboratively here.
- Have an Advertising/Digital Agency or in-house Project Management or Traffic background and will have worked on global brands, ideally across all media, including print, interactive, film.
- The ability to prioritise and work quickly and efficiently within very tight time frames.
- A good sense of humour with a desire to do the right thing for the work.
Manage the flow of work of creative teams through scheduling and prioritisation. Work with Brand Manager and Functional Producers to set priorities. Provide frequent communication and manage negotiation with different stakeholders (Functional Producers, Creative Team and external 3rd parties) to deliver against deadlines throughout the localisation, creative and production process. Develop a good understanding of the Functional production processes to support the scheduling of transcreation (print, interactive, DM, Video, image creation) and Geo-initiatives. Leverage the existing tools/spreadsheets to reflect and communicate the latest information or developments on projects. Holistic project and time management across all of our functions. Check the content of Geo-initiative and localisation briefs prior to distributing them to our Creative Network. At times work closely with our colleagues in other GEOs, primarily those in California. Collect information from each Function and project quarterly workload to ensure that we have the right creative resources to meet the Geo-initiative and localisation needs. Chase and own latest status of each Functional/Brand Manager’s project and contribute to weekly and daily status meetings Constantly look for ways to improve workflows to improve efficiency and quality.
Education & Experience
- Travel required to Cupertino, California and potentially other regions up to 4 weeks per quarter
- Fluent English is required